Thursday, June 16, 2011

Time to get my 'museum' on...


Ah, the wine drinker's party hat, so much classier then normal party wear. Date night is totally on tonight. We are going to Morrill Hall and the planetarium tonight. I am rather excited about it. They have a new planetarium show which is "Sea Monster: A Prehistoric Adventure" and we will be seeing that. It looks pretty awesome from the stills on the website. Something huge is eating a shark. Rrrr-orroew!

I am wearing that Le Mystere 'Tish' bra I bought a while back on-line at the urging of Oprah. It certainly keeps things up and in place, but feels slightly like a torture device. With the relations progressing with the BF I am thinking of buying some lingerie. Don't laugh too hard, but right before  I started dating on-line, so March-ish, I threw all of my old teddies, bustiers, and sexy slips angrily into the trash figuring I would never have anyone who wanted to see that shit anyway. Had I known this was the final element in the ritual spell to attract a boy -I suppose I should have done it sooner. And now I want them all back, of course. Bloody hell.

Oh, and yet another thing that totally pissed me off. There is a particular song by Neon Trees called 'Animal', it is one of my all time favorite songs --pretty much single handedly inspired me to start writing the novels I am so fond of --and I saw a commercial that it has been raped by Kidz Bop. I literally got up and stormed out of the room. Then youtubed it and the version is terrible, awful. I feel an inordinate amount of anger and hatred toward the 12 year olds singing it. It's just wrong, so wrong. Some little kid even posted a homemade video where she/he is playing with Littlest Pet Shoppe animals to the song. I grabbed my laptop and shouted furiously, "It's about SEX, Kid! Wanton, wild animal sex! Stop making those kitties, puppies, and ponies have a tea party to it! Stop, you're ruining it for me! No-o-o-o-o-o!"  So, because I love to share my pain --here it is. http://youtu.be/Ja7LcJCWf90 If your eyes start bleeding, and I know mine did, stop watching and consult your physician.

So, on my pseudo-Sunday/ real Thursday, sister K is at a CT appointment for her kidneys. K has always had some issues with the kidneys, not huge ones, but she doesn't drink enough water or whatever, so I hope the appointment turns out okay. I was also supposed to get my sheep in the mail today and he has not come, which is disappointing. Other then that stuff, I slept late and am finally feeling prepared, like I might be able to go back to work on Friday night and be positive for the next four nights when I have to close again. So, I had better really enjoy these moments of quiet blogatude. :)

2 comments:

BrewMaven said...

That Oprah knows what she is talking about! It's the only bra that can keep my girls up and at attention where they need to be. Nobody wants sad boobs. Nobody.

BrewMaven said...

ps...hope K is okay. Let me know how that turns out. Enjoy yo date!