Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dealing With Feelings...


Okay, so, as promised, here are pics of the collages I made for the BF on Wednesday. Like I said previously, they are Portlandia inspired so just so everyone gets the joke, the sketches that inspired them can be found on:
 
 
And they are both super funny. So, blog readers --let me know what you think. I would love to know. I think the 'Put A Bird on It" one is the best, but I really like them both. And the BF seems very impressed that I made him something.
 
 
So, the date. We started at the Sheldon which thankfully was air conditioned. It was fun. I liked one of the big graphite pictures called 'Last Man on Earth' and the BF found that he really enjoyed this rather large picture of an eye looking into a window, which was kind of had a frame that did look like a big rustic window. It was lovely. Then we walked down to the Hayden in the Haymarket, there were cartoonist, but the gallery was totally crowded. On the plus side it did have a hell good string quartet out front playing live music. And the City Cafe had a trumpet player and pianist also doing live music so it was very cool. From there we went to the Indigo Book Store, which is very cool. My favorite art of the night was there they were pictures by Meghan Stratman --in particular I loved this one picture of a redheaded girl holding up a key. I went to her website which is www.bunnypirates.com but I could not find the picture anywhere. I saw all the other ones, but, of course not the one I loved. Then we traipsed on to a few more galleries. There was some very cool stuff and a lot of photography -for me photo art is hard to appreciate like the subject means more than the picture I guess so mostly it was --that's a rock, that's a bobcat, that's a buffalo. Yawn.
 
 
So, we went to Buzzard Billy's and the BF bought me dinner, which was a lovely cheesesteak sandwich. It was pretty fabulous, but it was more fun to just sit and talk. Then I got a second invitation back to his house. Which, of course, I cannot post anything about as I have a strict non-disclosure clause in my girlfriend contract not to do that.
 
 
With that said, I have been entertaining some feelings today. I always thought that when I made a decision to fall in love again, it would be a great thing. That I would be happy about it and excited. And I did. I decided to tell him last night. I felt it. I knew. He should know too. It seemed like a very easy decision to make. So, I told him. I didn't really expect him to reciprocate -boys are notoriously slow about that sort of thing. People say (on the internet) that it cheapens it to tell people you love them too much or too often. I think that is bullshit. I have always been confident enough to know that you should tell people whenever you feel like telling them. People I love know it, because I tell them, because I show them every chance I get, that it's true.
 
 
Sometimes that love is so big and overwhelming that it chokes you by the throat until you either say it or swallow it. And if you swallow it, it cheapens you inch by inch rather than unleashing the good feelings and big meaning that it should be showering over that other person. It seems like simple common sense to me, but I suppose we have become such complicated creatures that common sense is not that common and simplicity has become somewhat passe. So, with all of this said, now I deal with the one-sided-ness of such a confession, the utter vulnerability of having thrown a door wide and the despair of waiting to see if someone will walk through or close it behind you. 

No comments: