Saturday, June 18, 2011

Late Date Hijinks


So, let me just say, I busted some major a$$ to get out of work at 11:30pm last night so I could run to my car, wait for everyone to leave the parking lot, then change while in the driver's seat of my car for my date. It was not easy and required more acrobatics than I have ever preformed. I swear if Cirque De Soleil had driven through the parking lot they would have simply offered me a job right there. And I did it while smoking a cigarette. Talk about Tah-Dah...

And I was positive. The trying did roll out into a very happy attitude indeed. We had pie at Perkins then adjourned back to the BF's lovely house. I love that he always puts the air-conditioning on for me. It may seem like a small thing, but I f-ing hate being overly warm, so to me is seems like an oh-so-considerate and gracious gesture. And we had fun. Well, I had fun. For some reason the poor BF seemed more tired than I was.

One of the really funny things he showed me was the clip in today's blog --one of my all time favorite movies is Jurassic Park and this made me laugh so hard I nearly wet my pants. I know I snorted like a tickled little piggy at least twice (I blame my allergies and asthma for that one, but it happens sometimes when things really are funny). For my Twi-heart bestie, there is also a hilarious one for Twilight @ http://youtu.be/m2T6oMfI9Ro , which I recommend for a laugh.

I really had a great time. No walk of shame as I didn't really do anything shameful, per say, but the Honda could really use some new brakes as they seem to only squeal like a dying ostrich when I have to back out of his driveway at strange times in the morning --alerting every single neighbor, I'm sure. Which is, of course, embarrassing.

So, once again with the lame ending of -getting in tub as I have to clean myself up for work. Night number two of another four night closing weekend. Woohoo. I would love to say I am excited about it, but my mood has moved squarely into being determined about it. I am going to change my availability when I can, so after my 90 trial period, if still there, I can get at least Friday's off. --Really on my schedule today equates to a Tuesday, and I really hate Tuesdays.

No comments: