Wednesday, June 8, 2011

On Stranger movies...


I really love these coupons from Marcus theater. Honestly, they have gotten back into the theaters to see movies I would normally skip or wait for on dvd...or wait even longer for on Netflix. And my BF is just about the cutest thing this side of a Strawberry Shortcake doll dipped in Butterscotch lickin' on a lollipop. We had seen the same yahoo news article about the texter at the Alamo Drafthouse, who called and left a bitchy message and became kind of a PSA for them, which was hilarious, and tried to tell each other about it at the same time.

The movie was pretty good. It might even have been full price good. I can't imagine that 3D made it a whole lot better, it was fine in 2D. It had a nice solid plot, with a lot of converging story points. The end was somewhat predictable, but not entirely so. I will say that much like all Disney movies, they did try and wrap up nearly every storyline with its own episodic type finish. However, on the whole, I felt like it moved faster that all of the other three. Yeah, the sparrow character was/is kind of played out. But, Geoffrey Rush was amazing in this one and Ian McShane was good, as well. And for some odd reason even Penelope Cruz seemed to have some depth, which was both refreshing and super surprising at once.

So, go see it, it was entertaining, fun, and really delivered on what it offered --which was a solid pirate action movie. I do wish they had not used so-o-o-o many of the good jokes in the previews, but there were still some in there which was nice. I would like to thank the BF for a nice time, which I kind of needed to pull me out of not only the previous blahs, but the fam crazy that erupted after the blog, but prior to the movie. It's like being able to escape someplace clean, let the mind set on autopilot for a while, and just relax. I love the movies.

No comments: