Saturday, June 25, 2011

Getting Back Up


Recovery in life is important. It doesn't matter exactly what has knocked you on your ass. It really doesn't --whether it's money, or your social life, or your health, or your job, or whatever. The really important thing is that you get back up, shake it off, and go at it twice as hard as before. Some people say that life is all about the 'journey'. I say it's about the fight. That it is a constant battle against forces outside of yourself and with the emotional demons in your mind. That every person you see is a superhero because they do it every single boring day.

So, once again I have resurrected to begin another epic ass kicking. Sick to death of my stupid low level career, disappointed that people don't ever act the way I would like, with never enough money in my pocket, I pick my ass back up and take that fighting stance. Come on, hit me again. I can totally take it.

I applied for about three new jobs today on-line. Good, solid, grammatically correct applications. I re-edited one of my stories and came up with a couple new titles for it (as the current one is kind of a working title). Gathered conceptual ideas for the artist for the book cover. Sent a quick copy to the BF for him to read --now, whether or not he likes it, we shall see. This is the beginning, throwing a few quick punches and hoping they land. Fight just a little harder, sweat just a little more.

I'm gonna fight to get my weekends back and really enjoy them when I do it. I gonna fight to get something really published, the way I want it to be --and if that means I have to pay to get it done myself, then that's what I fucking do. I'm gonna fight to get back into school in the fall and really finish that shit. I'm gonna get that ridiculous BF to open for me, even if I have to use a sardine tin key to do it and I'm not going to abdicate how I feel so he can feel better (this time I will retain myself in a relationship, because we learn from our previous fights.) I'm gonna fight for a chance to go out and see my best friend who needs me around almost as much as I need to be around her. I'm gonna fight to make sure my family succeed in their life endeavors and really be there for them.

It doesn't matter if I feel bruised, broken, weary. I get back up. I fight for what is important to me. I'm doing it right now. Queen Bee is back, Bitches, so let's get this hive buzzing.

1 comment:

BrewMaven said...

BUZZ!!! (translated - WORD!)