Sunday, June 12, 2011

Round Two


I am holding off bathing as long as possible today to protest the fact that I have to go back to work again at 4pm. I know it's lame and I know it does absolutely no good at all, but I'm doing it anyway because it makes me feel in-control.

So, when you're a kid and your folks tell you that you should get a job that you love so it never really feels like work --are they really taking into consideration that perhaps you might not be 'good' at what you love to do? I mean, what if you want to be an artist and you are a shitty, shitty artist? Reasonably, there would be no money in that, at all, if you were very bad at it. And the flipside of that coin is almost worse. What if you are really good at something you hate doing? Crips. So, there's some food for thought, I suppose.

Got home last night and sent the BF a quick little e-mail to say I was thinking about him after a grueling shift under the bullseye sun. And do you know what? I got up this morning and he got called into his work to do things and was up even later than me. Which made me feel like a royal turd for complaining at all. Plus, although my job right now is akin to manual slavery in a hideous uniform, his is much more brain-involved than mine so I did feel rather guilty. Poor, poor BF. It was slightly comforting to contemplate however, that he was probably getting paid at least double to triple what I make an hour. I really gotta get that stupid degree completed so I can get another smart desk job soon. I don't really think I am built for long term physical work and I feel like it is simply killing me. Plus, it's making my blogs really boring.

My sister says the State's fiscal year doesn't start until after July, so perhaps they will be hiring soon. For while it is nice to have a job currently, honestly, I would love to be doing something else. Also slightly inspired by the BF and a couple of articles on the internet, I think I will be reading a couple more books on the workings of computers and such, that seems to be where the money is and I really know only about enough to fill a thimble, on the subject. I'm hoping maybe the ole BF might go Quid Pro Quo with me on the matter -I'm sure there are a few things I know about girlie stuff I could trade him for more practical insights. I am just slightly tired of being a 'filler person', if you get the reference.

Anyway, I have put it off long enough and need to go clean up. I have round two of the epic battle with the red shirts this evening. Wow, I just got that my uniform is that of an expendable crew member were that store a space ship. Disheartening. "No, I don't want to join the captain, the science officer, and the doctor down on the creepy new planet. Are you crazy? I wear a red shirt! A red shirt, I tell you!"

1 comment:

BrewMaven said...

The British are coming! The British are coming!