Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Three Fifty!


OMG, I love the funny picture I found for today's blog. I laugh at it every damn time I see it. South Park reference, if you didn't already know that one.

Lots of things happening today.  I talked to my good friend D, from college, she invited me to a bbq at her new house in Auburn, but I can not make it as I start the soul crushingly long 6/30 to 7/5 closing everynight schedule tomorrow at work. I really wanted to go as she just got a new dog, named Woody, who I would really like to meet. And see her and J again, as it has been nearly a year since I've seen them. We talked for a good hour on the phone today about this-that-and-the-other. I really miss her.

And speaking of missing, my bestie H e-mailed me and she will be in town from 6/30 to 7/9 --unfortunately I have exactly one day off while she will be in town. So, now I get to decide if I relegate that to 'date night' with my charming BF or get to spend it with my out-of-state bestie. I am severely torn about it as I like them both. It is sad when you have so many wonderful people in your life --but neither the time nor the money to spend with them. Quandaries such as this suck a big fat one. I have requested 7/8 off, but if I don't get it then I still have to go in. However, I do have time off coming up on 7/9 so I was going to set up a date that Saturday night (I was kind of hoping against hope that my BF will plan something fun for my birthday as it is the next day, but I think that maybe laying a bit too much on him, at this point.) Ah, so, after having blogged it out --bestie gets Wednesday, BF gets Saturday. I get --tired. :)

With that said, tonight is once again the spledid and mystical 'date night'. We are going to dinner and a movie. I believe it's dinner at Don & Millies, then we will probably go see Super 8. Now, previously I wanted to go see Green Lantern in 3-D, but Super 8 was the one the BF wanted to see. Plus, it showed up on my movie coupons this week, so it would be highly discounted admission. So, this is not, I repeat for emphasis, NOT, me caving to see what he wants to see because I cave all the time --it is me being practical and sensible with my money while at the same time getting the opportunity to please the BF by giving him what he wants. So, really bonus, bonus on this one. Either way, it will be fun so I am looking forward to it immensely.

No comments: