Friday, June 24, 2011

Cuz Friday I'm In Love...


Ah, another Friday that means very little to me as I will be working. I woke up early though -like 6 am early, so I went and got myself breakfast. Did you know that some of the hands down best biscuits and gravy available is served at Amigos? Well, it totally is. I used to get for myself some on days when I felt particularly oppressed by my previous employer, but I haven't had it in a very long time. It was superb, just as I remembered. Part of the reason I was also awake was that my allergies started to drive me bonkers. How can one sleep if one has a runny nose? --the answer is, you don't. So, I also went to the grocery store and got some razors, deodorant, and allergy medicine. Then popped into the gas station for cigarettes. As you may have guessed, I received my meager earnings today.

I also gave one of my stories to my Aunt to review, edit, or enjoy. I am alittle nervous about it. She e-mailed back today saying she didn't realize it was so lenghty, which is funny as the one I sent is the shortest thing I have ever written. I am trying to become more open about letting people who are my friends read my stuff. I want feedback, but sometimes it is difficult not to feel judged based on my writings. With that said, I was entertaining the idea of letting the BF maybe read one and see what he thinks. I have quite a few female perspectives, but, to this point, no male perspectives on it. We shall see.

The insoles worked alright. Definitely not as much pain, but there is still some residual pain in the feet. I think I walk too hard on the heels anymore. Speaking of which I have a rather short -but still closing- shift tonight and then a date. I really wish I just had a date instead, but hey, whatever a five hour shift is so short it's not worth calling in on. I wish I could say the next two weeks looks better, but it gets kind of hairy from here on out because in the next two weeks I have exactly two Wednesdays off. That's it. Two Stupid Wednesdays. What the f*ck is there to do on a Wednesday? The BF and I will need to conference and work something out -maybe dinner and a movie or something. Dating was a hellva lot easier when I was unemployed, let me tell ya.

This also means I am working 6/30 to 7/5 -8hr closing shifts every night. So, no fireworks, no fun, no drinking w/friends, no barbeques, nothing but crappy work. I really am so over this job --so I am actively looking for something else to be new at again. Hopefully, before their 'back to school' season --which everyone keeps warning me about is totally terrible and hectic like Black Friday and they are not taking time off requests for, even though it is only the end of June. Really makes you look forward to it, doesn't it? Look forward to a different job maybe.

No comments: