Wednesday, June 22, 2011

La discussion de compliment à deux journée de la fin


Not sure why this one is 'the story of a predatory female', but much like her I did finally get what I wanted --which was a little stroke on the ego from the BF. It was not a straight out apology, but perhaps...just perhaps, I might have overreacted. Not hugely, as all females and 75% of the males were indeed in my corner about the whole deal, but having gotten the whole thing resolved in one sentence in an e-mail made me consider that I was looking for something fairly specific. Anyway, over, finished. It takes far too much energy for me to be upset for more than 24hrs anyway. The ridiculousness did solidify one thing --If we, as in the royal we, are in deep enough to really get upset over his seeming lack of interest, that means he's important to me. Maybe a little more important than I  like to admit comfortably.

With that said, I had a really good day full of family activities. Lunch with Dad and sister A, swimming at 4 with everybody. Hanging out, spinach pies from a street vendor that were amazing, niece streaking the hotel hallway (she's two so silly pictures were taken for later embarrassment), then over to my Grandma J's house. And guess what? She gave me that wicker basket I have had in my backseat for six months, so now it's in my bedroom looking fabulous. She was also getting rid of a silver over copper coffee pot and two silver serving trays. I am well on my way to having a respectable coffee and tea service. Moreover, it was actually a pleasant visit, which is somewhat rare. And K went, she hasn't seen Grandma J for two years after they had kind of a falling out, so that was really refreshing. I think everyone had a nice time.  I certainly did.

Then, as I was trying to stay off the computer,  I sat downstairs and watched the first TV I have watch in nearly six months, which was a recorded Masterpiece Mystery. It was a Poirot I had not seen called 'Murder in Three Acts'. And really was excellent. I love Poirot, he is totally better than Miss Marple, even though I do like a good Marple, as well. All the costumes and scenery is Deco, too, which makes me love it even more. Considering I had not watched TV in so long it was really pretty nice and I could see how easy it would be to simply sit in front of it and watch nonsense to escape everything, however the show ended and I ended up back on-line again. However, it is worthy of note, that should one ever fall in love at a dinner party at which there is a murder --you have most certainly fallen in love with the murder. You may as well slap the cuffs on whomever it is right then. Tragic really.

No comments: