Friday, June 3, 2011

Quick Friday Cliff Notes


Good lord, it feels like work crushed my spine and beat my feet with a hammer. Today's little pic is a dash of one of my favorites --art nouveau, a wonderful marriage of organic curves and feminine. Really a beautiful style. I also love the geometry of art deco in decorating styles. However, I am also slightly drawn to the a shabby chic vibe on some things or every once in a while a beachy cape cod style (particularly with furniture) which can be odd.

I'm trying to get in the mood for the art walk this evening, if you can't tell. I am super psyched. Now, I just have to get the old body to follow suit as it would like nothing more than a bit of a rest from intense physical activities. So, I'm kind of achy and cranky too. Plus, I am having a hellva time picking something to wear for some reason. And, you will love this, if I don't schedule a date when it's heinously raining --then it's ungodly hot, like tonight it is going to be nearly 90 degrees at 6pm. Really, one way or the other nature is positive that I look best either soaked with rain or soaked with sweat. Either way, I end up all wet and uncomfy. Superb, I should just wear a swim suit -and maybe a fancy hat to really set off how absurd it really is.

Anyway, today is a short one. But, probably more later. I didn't get as far in the audiobook as I wanted. Oddly, I seem to really crash and be needful of sleep lately. Even on my days off, I suppose it is normal. But, kind of inconvenient.

Positive vibes to all my friends, it is Friday, at least --and for some people (not me of course, but some people) that means an exciting weekend! Hooray! Oh, and lest I forget, Congratulations to my bestie's daughter M for graduating into Middle School, which is an achievement and a milestone worth recognizing! Just for a laugh --here is my volleyball picture from Jr. High. Yes, everyone has an awkward phase --even me.

Wow, those are some huge glasses and some totally awesome fro hair. Go, Wildcats! Dang, I laugh everytime I look at it. Could I pull those shorts up any further? I think not.

No comments: