Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hand Holding


Never again, Tim Tebow, never again...

So, last night's date went well. We had dinner then went to see Super 8, which was really pretty good. Had some really well placed scares that surprised me at least twice and that is saying something.

Slightly disappointing was that he had, in fact, finished the manuscript for the vampire story, but seemed slightly unwilling to talk about it, which made me feel like…embarrassed, I guess. He said he needed to ‘digest’ it. But, I think has been at home Googling ‘how not to piss off your writer girlfriend when you hate what she has written’, probably most of the night. Either that or planning on how to lure me to his church to have exorcised my demons, so I can be a nice, quiet Mary Jane wearing girl as I was destined to be. Sometimes he is so damn hard to read –most people I can read pretty easily, but his signs are so subtle and can be mistaken for other things so easily. It is almost a Holmse-istic study in observation to figure out what he is thinking.

So, I also let him know that he got Saturday 7/9 for my b-day. And he made a really great suggestion – he said, “There’s always Omaha, since it’s a Saturday.” And I was like, yeah, that would be totally fun. In fact, I know he’s thinking night time activities, but I love the Henry-Doorly. I am kind of hoping he suggests we make a little day trip up to the zoo and walk around –it is like date perfect and I love the zoo. Plenty of time for talking, cool animals, great opportunities for pictures. Yeah, that would be pretty spectacular. I'm kind of excited/anxious to see what he comes up with really. I know it is cruel to simply throw it at him and say figure it out --but, sometimes it would be nice to be surprised and not have to tell him exactly what I want (know that he put some thought into it, know what I'm saying?).

1 comment:

BrewMaven said...

When you go to Omaha and you find yourself at a camp and an accountibilibuddy assigned to you...RUN!!! hee hee.