Friday, June 10, 2011

Observance of Creatures Wild and Woolie


Happy Friday, Punks and Skunks! And it should be a good one, not to mention I have it off from work and will not have another free Friday for two weeks after this. So, I plan to enjoy it. It is also my first paycheck from work. And if the amount is any indicator --I will need to keep my mouth shut about the hurt feet and just work as many hours as possible and I might, MIGHT, be able to pay my bills. Maybe, which is less than comforting and has resurrected my job hunting once more. Still, I did make some money so that is positive and will be able to pay rent.

So, I stumbled, while at work, onto a rather silly creature --it is the 21 yr old male. Wow, it was like watching someone do a bad 'Joey' impression from Friends, mixed with a re-run of America's Funniest Home videos, and a tap-tap of Jersey Shore. This particular animal is nice enough to me, as I am a little older than what he is trolling for, so I get to step back and watch his technique as he chases absolutely every pretty, or kind of pretty, girl at work, which to me is hilarious. He is all bluster about drinking, which he does a lot and talks about even more, he puffs out his chest and tries to enamour the ladies with his owning of no less than three vehicles and his mastery of 'stocks' which his parents gave him making him financially set. He further postures manly by explaining how he owns his own house with a hot tub and is, on the side, a fire fighter. As I have an exacting limit on how much head nodding and 'Oh, that's very nice' I can put out, I tended to just walk away when he would begin ranting. However, there are a couple of chicks he will literally run across the whole store to seemingly nonchalantly invite to drinking or simply verbally attempt to persuade into his coolness fold of lambies.

I shake my head and smile remembering how silly they all seem to be sometimes. "Boys!?" I sigh, with my quintessential eye roll. It is still somewhat remarkable how this stumbling clown can still make me smile with a bit of his straight-out-of-the-package, unpracticed flattery which is abundant enough for me to know I am never the only one getting it. I even speculate that some of the little girlies probably fall for it occasionally, which makes me laugh. As kind of an alpha female, it is sweet to see the little wolf cubs play together and really get down those hunting techniques. It takes time to learning that there is practiced art behind flattery and flirting when done properly, not bluntly tossing your economical numbers at one another and simply unzipping your trousers. Still, it is amazing to observe and does gives work a bit of fun, which I so desperately need sometimes.

With that said, tonight is date night. We are going out to dinner at Toast, a restaurant I love for the massive amount of pop they give you. It should be nice and I have been looking forward to it all week nearly as much as my bloody paycheck. And I am looking forward to seeing the BF, in all his shining nerd armour, push and poke on my dragon scales searching for chinks to insert knives, saying, "Come hither, but not too hither, you'll burn me up, ya know?" As I sigh wistfully and roll my slitted eyes at him, hissing, "Boys?!"

No comments: