Monday, September 19, 2011

Titanium, Baby.


Fire away, fire away. Bringing in Monday Funday (as it is my first day off in four straight shifts that have been nightmarish), with a happy late night blog.

Many good things happened today. I killed in my match up in my fantasy football league. 100 to 64. So this makes my week 2 winning streak! How about that? I am really excellent at this, I think. I make pretty good game day decisions and do my research. I should have had Fred Jackson in (he was on my bench) instead of Ray Rice or Micheal Turner, but they both did well. However, Plaxico Burress was another week two disappointment --earning me exactly no points at all. I need a better WR. I picked up Devery last week and he had a good game tonight, but Brandon Loyd also did nothing, so it wouldn't have mattered who I had -him or Buress and both of them would have done nothing for me. Huh, what to do....I'll think on it, maybe making an add/drop tomorrow. Still the league leader, I think...some of the other girls had some pretty hot match-ups this week too. I'm gonna say I am, because I feel like it. Who's your Daddy? Oh, me again, yeah, I spanked ya.

Also, caught the attention of probably the one person on that dating website who is considered 'more arrogant' than I am and we had a nice, if slightly pretentious, repartee of e-mails. I also got an e-mail from a nice guy (I wanted to say kid as he's 26) who is interested in talking fantasy football with me and perhaps hanging out. He seemed nice enough --but, he's one of those dudes that doesn't fill out a profile, just e-mails you and 'wants to talk' which seemed to me to be kind of a lame line. Yeah, I have read that 'How To Be A Player On OKC' article like everyone else and it seemed to be kind of from the playbook of that. So, I am being cautious...friendly, but cautious. Plus, the age thing is starting to give me pause. I mean it used to be 'age is just a number', but it does kind of matter. I'm mature with a silly side, some of these kids are just silly, without an ounce of maturity to them at all. Anyway, I consider it positive movement on the whole dating thing.

Yesterday was the Ex-BF's b-day, which kind of prompted the checking of the dating e-mail box I had been avoiding. I realized, as all Ex-girlfriends do at some point, that it was useless to keep hoping he might reconsider about me. He won't, it's not gonna happen. Welcome to the Friend Zone --it's cold here, it kind of sucks, it will be awkward and uncomfortable, and no one wants to see your panties, even the new ones. Damn, seeing it in print really hammers it home to me. Yeah, we're giving up on him, going to set up a lounge chair on the Friend Zone beach where everyone wears a cover-up, buys their own umbrella drinks, and reads the personal ads quietly. Wait, is that singles strip volleyball over there? Hey, I'm good at volleyball. :)

--Noon additions. Got an e-mail from the state for an interveiw for one of the things I applied for. I am now taking on-line typing tests like a muthaf*cker.

No comments: