Monday, September 5, 2011

For Little Piggies


I am so proud of my bestie, she lost 3lbs this last week and is doing really excellent on her plan to be more athletic. As I have mentioned several times I am still working on it as well. So, in an effort to find more foods that are 'diety' but still food, my sister and I decided to try some of that Greek yogurt that everyone keeps talking about. Now, the hype is that it is this really super good for you weightloss helper, but I've been doing this for quite some time and I will tell you straight up why it is is so great.

**Fun Fact: The equivelent of our Congress in Japan is called the Diet. So, if you were there and said you were going on a diet, people would think you were going to congress.

This stuff sits on your stomach like a brick. The consistency is different from regular yogurt so be aware --it is heavier, still smooth like yogurt, but heavier like putting a spoon into slighty warm tub of spreadable butter. It still tastes like yogurt, we tried the brand in the picture. K had the strawberry on the bottom and I had the plain mixed raspberry. Both were good, nothing too different when eating it. However, the big difference is that we had these at say 5-ish in the afternoon and were not hungry enough to even make dinner last night. It is filling. That is huge! Like we try all these diet foods that say they will fill you up and then they never do and it sucks. This stuff really does.

Plus, it is yogurt, the cultures in it help you digest so it is already pretty good for you. And for my vegitarian friends (non ovo-lacto variety) --and yes, I realize it is a milk product, this has nearly 25% of your daily protien in it. That is a big one when it is hard to sometimes get protien without meat. Still, I know, milk product. --On the downside, this did have a bunch of sugar in it, and no dietary fiber (so it could be off limits to people on WW points). Still, it is a good tool. I have a feeling if I worked this in as a snack at around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, I could probably skip having dinner altogether, if I had a sensible lunch. It may be a new thing. Also kind of a downer, this one is kind of expensive for yogurt. A single serving is nearly $1.50 where I live and a four pack of them was $5.00. So, there is that.

Also, I know no Greek, so I always end up adding another letter and calling it 'Oink-os', like it should have a little fat piggy on the label or something. Uh, oh, my American is showing, let me tuck that back up there so you can't see it.

No comments: