Saturday, September 10, 2011

Putting On The Uniform


That's right, I cured my blues with a healthy dose of self love. Boy, I have no idea why I date when I am so damn good at sleeping with myself. Some would say that is TMI, but you know what, this is my secret diary and I say exactly what I want to. And it's true, I love me better than anybody. That is a good thing, can you imagine not knowing what you need? That's just odd.

My mid-shift got moved to an early shift today, so no more hours, just earlier hours. Not that great of a change, but it does seem like the store is getting a little smarter as far as covering when there is a game. Today, game is at 6. The shift was 2p to 7p, now it is 11a to 4p, because simply we will get more traffic prior to the game then when it starts. Duh, I could have told them that one myself.

Unfortunately, last night David came in with a cold. Then didn't take anything because he wanted to drink last night. Nice, really sweet of you to bring in that shit for everyone else to get. Idiot. Today, I can not tell if it is my allergies or if I am getting sick as well. I sure hope it is just my allergies. I also did not get any writing done at all, because I had to go to bed as soon as I got home from work last night. The plague of closing shifts, I suppose. I close again tomorrow, but at least I have tonight to get some word-age in, if I can get the focus to do so.

One of the avid readers at work volunteered her services in reading one of my manuscripts. I have not decided if I'm going to take advantage of this or not as she is fairly young and although she has read alot, it is mostly like Twilight, Hunger Games, and other young adult offerings which are very different from what I write. Once again, I find I am a little timid about it as I have no desire to have someone throw rotten tomatoes at me. Also, the last two people I let read anything, have not even gotten back to me --which is the nice way to tell an author you hate what you did read, I suppose. Or they got busy and forgot about it, which also happens. Either way, it is somewhat stressful to me. So, once again, we pretend we have a skin, thick and bumpy like a thorny lizard and let no one know we are squishy and red inside like everyone else. Time to put on the uniform.

No comments: