Thursday, September 22, 2011

Big Fish


-That is a big fish in that small pool.-

Hey, People. I really wanted to get a bunch done today --I have every intention of doing so, but I got tired. I know, it's lame, but it's also not sick or lazy, it's just tired. Sometimes you need to just rest for a day. Things get crazy and everything is moving so very fast. So, I slowed it down today.

Spent some quality time with my sister, who after her surgery, was still very sore and not supposed to do anything strenuous. We got up early and had a pot of coffee, put on the 80/90's radio and just hung out, talked and sang to the radio in our bathrobes for a good portion of the morning. When she laid down for a nap, I got ready for my interview which was at 3pm today. I planned out a route and got my letters together and just prepared in general for a good interview. I also tried on about a million different things and it is clear that I fit into -NONE- of my old business casual clothing. So, if we do get the job, there will be an office separates replenishment in the works.

I thought it went really well. Their questions were straight-forward interview questions and it did not last a huge amount of time (about an hour). I liked both of the supervisors a lot and it seems very simple. They said it is definitely entry level work, but it seems like about three jobs I have had previously. I certainly hope I get it. I tried my best and there was no typing test so --I figure it went well. Also, this is kind of funny. They said that they might be moving into a certain insurance company's building by this time next year --which is funny considering that was the company I interviewed with about a month ago (I suppose one way or another I was meant to be in that building). I hope and pray that this goes well.

I really, really want that regular schedule back and would like for my family to be able to stop worrying about me financially. You know, to be back on my feet independently. I even decided that I would indeed keep my current job (which I had not really previous thought about very hard, until they asked me in this interview). I was, as usual, impressed by the state's splendid benefits package and they separate holiday and sick time accounts in a really generous way too. It also seemed like an office I could grow in very easily, if I so desired. Some places just give you that vibe that if you can get your foot in the door you could pretty much rule that place in five years. I could do that here, I'm pretty sure, once I know their computer system. However, I am nearly famous for my over-confidence, at this point, so I will simply content myself with a good interview and pray to special Christmas Jesus tonight before bed that he finally let something break for me, that is not the lottery this time.

No comments: