Thursday, September 8, 2011

Show Me Your TD's!


Hi, my name is H and I am now squarely addicted to fantasy....football. Holy Crap! Tonight was the first game of the season is was the New Orleans Saints vs. The Green Bay Packers. I only had one person on my roster playing, he is my kicker Mason Crosby. And he did well for me this evening, earning me 6 of his projected 9 points. Very well done, Mr. Crosby. Now, I just have to figure out if I can make adjustments to the roster before Sunday's mega line up of games, if I am allowed to do that, which I have not figured out. Then plan some kind of strategy based on who I have and who I can play. My primary QB is playing Monday night. I watched the stats tracker the whole time like a drooling cave troll watches for goats on a bridge. It was awesome.

I even stole the blog title from one of the other teams in my league, which being a sassy all female league is called The Angry Beavers. Even after the first night, this has been so much fun. I am so excited to be doing this and learning new stuff. Totally cool. I really must thank the bestie for forming the league and inviting me. Perhaps, I shall get her a nice, tall, refreshing cup of 'shut the hell up', when we get our match up. I think she'd like that. I just so-o-o-o can not wait to trash talk with someone who totally knows I'm not serious and would never really do those things I say. My sister K is also in this league so I can just yell down the stairs about how much she sucks (and it is hardcore like a Dyson, People) or the unhygienic freshness of her anatomy anytime I feel like it. Although she has Drew Brees, who even though the Saints ate it, had a pretty good game and did her a solid 30 points. Just so EXCITED!

Tonight's music video is just an interesting one I found, I like the chorus. Cute romantic video. Whatever. God, I wish I had a cute romantic life....like some handsome british pop singer would run after me --through a field, over a fence, across the beach. I doubt I would be stupid enough to just walk into the sea --there are dangerous creatures that will eat you in there and it looks freezing --I would probably just be like, 'Yeah, let's go home and snog, this water is freezing.' That's why it's a cute, romantic fantasy...and not real life.

On other fronts, when I was not watching the stats tracker, I was writing and got in another three pages during the game. And the Ex sent me a really cute funny picture, which made me laugh. Oh, and I finally got around to the laundry today, as I did not get to pick up a shift at work because payroll at my work is sucking pretty hard right now, as well. It is nice however, to have all clean clothes and a clean room. I would rather have money, but hey, we are attempting to remain positive and pleasant in the face of adversity. I wrote a line in the new story which puts it in a good light, "Kid, while you’re breathing things are working out."

1 comment:

Brewmaven said...

I have my first fantasy football convert!! I told you this stuff was addicting. And yeah, it's totally fun to have an opponent in the same house. J is a smelly pirate hooker who's going down this week. Good times. Good times.