Friday, September 2, 2011

Time In Scraps


Hey, People. Welcome to Friday. As usual, this means that I am working all weekend, so it is the start of a string of shifts. So while everyone else is making Labor day plans I am making....labor. It is kind of suckie, but hey, I wasn't doing anything else, I suppose.

Scrapbooking yesterday went really, really well. As we have been having difficulties making our schedules meet in order to actually do it. We spent from around 3pm to 8pm doing pages. K and I managed to get done a whopping 16 pages and really, they are spectacular. I think my mom will just wet her pants over it. We worked on her Christmas album the whole time and it looks as though we will have to add extra paged to the original twenty we were going to do. We dug through all of our old photos and things we had collected over the years so there is a lot of stuff to put in there. Really, scrapbooking may seem kind of lame, but if you remember how much fun you had in grade school cutting out and gluing things down --then you have a small amount of the joy and excitement of scrapbooking as an adult. It is creative and really makes you feel pretty warm and fuzzy.

We were also discussing how much Grandma would be jealous, so closer around November we will probably make another one for her too. Honestly, I like this one so much, I just keep flipping it open on the dinning room table and looking at it again and again as I walk by during the day. Now, after we finish the gift ones, K is working on her wedding scrapbook and I have a personal one that I need to put some pages in that I could work on, as well, so it may be kind of a long term hobby. I am glad that K has picked it up as a hobby, as hobbies are healthy and she needed one other that watching TV after work every night, in my humble opinion. We really enjoy hanging out together anyway and take creative changes from each other pretty well --which she generally does not take well from anyone. :)

Other than that, I only got another two pages done on the story last night, I wanted it to be more, but it just wasn't. Still plugging away on it and I think I may have come to terms with some of the plot angles I want to work in there. Now, it is just implementation of them. Also, as the last blog clearly points out, I am putting the whole dating thing on the back burner again. I don't need the stress and anxiety of it --maybe in a couple of months I'll get on one of the 'pay to play' sites as they seem to be more serious about the whole thing. I can't believe that it is September already, where did my summer go? And how did time get so damn fast, all of a sudden? I mean, when I was a kid I thought school would never end, things drug like nails on a chalkboard --now, I turn around lose whole seasons. It's bloody crazy.

No comments: