Monday, September 26, 2011

Rules of Stage Conduct


Offering free publicity to another rather good blog, this picture is from "Lessons In Acting, Or How NOT to do it, by Edmund Shaftesbury, edited and sarcastically commented on by Alfred Armstrong". The blog is really hilarious. I particularly like his commentary on Passionate Kissing. Which everyone can use a little more practicing on, in my humble opinion, especially me so...if interested, please contact me for some 'acting classes' I will provide free of charge, of course, simply for the betterment of the craft. Thanks, Stanislavski, but I have my own method on that one. Hee, hee.

And speaking of practicing kissing, I did, in fact update my dating profile with new pictures and have gotten a rather positive response. A bunch more e-mails, some of which contain, as referenced above, a good deal of flattery from strangers. Now, I would love to say that I am totally immune to this kind of thing, but....nope, I am positively ensnared by little comments like 'you have a great smile and some amazing eyes'. Suddenly, it is as if I had no idea. "Really, I have amazing eyes? You don't say. Hmmm. Yes, well they do see very well and they are a rather nice shape and color as far as eyes of people go. I suppose I do, in fact, have amazing eyes. Now, I need to put that on my resume."

Come to think of it, I have an amazing lot of things. Yeah, sure, as previously discussed the smile could use some work --but, it's not like I have British people teeth (Sorry, British people all the people on TV over there have some funny looking teeth) and it does convey real happiness when I post it up there on my face, so yeah, I have a great smile. Huh, perhaps these boys are onto something here.

I don't mind flattery. Some people do, I suppose, consider it disingenuous or cheap talk, but when I compliment someone, say on their appearance or smell or something positive about the way they look or act, I mean it as a statement of my opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and expressing the good parts about that opinion of others can be a very positive thing. For example, just an example mind you, I have been wanting to tell someone recently that when they sometimes say 'with' in a sentence and it comes out as 'whiff' when they say it I, at first, thought it was annoying, but now find it adorable. It's an opinion. It's my opinion. However, this person is not good with compliments of any kind so I keep that kind of thing to myself. But, I have no problem telling that random lady at my job interview that I liked her dress. I did like it, it was a nice dress. I kind of wish more people would randomly compliment me on things. Especially, when I work so hard to look nice, act right, and be good. It let's me know that things are working.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah. I have a lovely lunch set up for Wednesday with an old friend and a full work schedule this week with includes a strange day shift on Friday. I did get some splendid news from one of my references that they had been contacted by the place I interviewed with last week so I am trying desperately not to hold my breath that I might have that new job I want. Go Redskins Defense tonight and thanks, Sweet Christmas Baby Jesus, all warm and laying in your manger full of gold hay, for listening to all my prayers about that job this week. Peace Out.

No comments: