Sunday, September 25, 2011

Crazy? No, Thank You, I Have Some Already.


Okay, I'm a big girl. I can admit when I have PMS and when I don't. I happens, it's a natural kind of acceptable 24hr crazy. I know some woman hide it better than others, but anyone who has a period knows what I am talking about. Along with that familiar urge to simply rip out one's own reproductive organs, toss them to the pavement, and kick them.

Much like a phobia is an uncontrollable, irrational fear, my PMS seems to be an uncontrollable, irrational, although fleeting, mental state. I over analyze every little thing without even realizing I am doing it until it causes someone else grief. I feel self-conscious and unappreciated (even if that is not really how things are). I am achy and hurting and....let's face it....sometimes down right catty.

So, yesterday was kind of it. I mean, it was not a great day to be around me. Plus, I poked myself in the eye and have to wear my glasses all day and I felt really sick. So, I did my best to curl up in a little ball and sleep as much as possible. I did manage to put out a blog that was...hmmm, what is the word I'm looking for here, the one that means lame, obnoxious, self-indulgent tripe? Hmmm, well, I can't seem to come up with it, but whatever. I don't think I handled it very well. The whole bleeding thing makes me really wish for someone (like a boy) who would go out and get me chocolate and McDonald's, then hold me while I cry and bemoan my very existence for about an hour. As I simply don't have that right now, I must then lash out at all male animals for their simple ignorance of the event I live through every month. I believe it's called displacement, or some such.

Anyway, luckily, I have my fantasy football league to express rage in today and later, just in case anyone needs a good slap in the face, I'll be at work, so stop by. I am working through it, really I am.

1 comment:

Brewmaven said...

Are our cycles synced up 800 miles away? I just had my crazy day on Thursday. No fun.
I did watch a movie where a lady was "down for maintainence" and she said, "It's like a crime scene in my pants." Ha! Best line of the movie.