Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Soporific


Gonna try to cover Monday on this one too, as Sunday's party night cost me an entire day almost. So, now you're thinking that Monday was a lost day -a sleeping re-coup of faculties -but it wasn't. On Monday, I went to lunch at the Watering Hole with H, J, and friend M who was in town from Omaha. Honestly, of all our mutual friends -I like M best, she is witty and fun and has been one of the only other single friends that has remained so, as I have, for a great long time. She also has an excellent sense of style and great taste in music. It was a heck of a fun lunch and their Veggie burger is one of the best you can ever have. I ate a whole thing of waffle fries in an attempt to appease my body who was busily putting us through alcohol detox. After lunch, I came back and took a much needed nap.

As it was take D to Walmart night. We had a nice time --they have this cheese D likes, it's some of that Laughing Cow stuff. She swears by it. She also, as a sweet gesture, bought me two red t-shirts which she referred to as 'my uniform'. Ha, ha. Could be worse --I have had jobs where I indeed did have to wear a uniform and really, comparatively, a red shirt and khaki's is much cooler. Plus, I look hella good in red so that's a plus. Went to bed early. Slept like a concrete lawn ornament. Solid.

Bf sent me a couple new albums to listen to. I have no idea where he found this one -but it is by a lady named Inga Liljestrom and it's called 'Elk'. I have been listening to it pretty much constantly. It's kind of vocal-ish, experimental indie sounding. Lots of thumping upright bass, some martini lounge vibe, and some moaning howling female vocals. Great album, reminds me a little of Portishead, a little. Very good and it has that smoky slow sensuality to the whole thing. Encourage the blog readership to check it out. He also e-mailed me at my real e-mail finally, which is super cool because now I don't have to continue to be harassed by mouth-breathing droolers on the dating website. Thank God.

But, the e-mail did strange things. The poor baby couldn't sleep. For me, insomnia means work time so it ranges from good to annoying, but I knew he had to go to work and it was not anywhere near a positive thing. Much like 'the party girl' of my personality can be inspired and show up, this resurrected the nurturing protective goddess from her long absence. She danced in all curves and trailing apron strings, giving me the strangest desire to invite him over --make him some tea, give him a backrub, and hold him until he feel asleep. She sings, "I'm strong, I'll protect you, fold you up and keep you safe from the whole world. And if that didn't work --I am well versed in soft, sinful techniques that would put you out just as quickly, Sweet, sweet baby. However, oh, cries and lamentations, I have sold my soft nature to feminism and have to go to work tonight." Bullshit. Now, no one is comforted. Another time perhaps.

So, we trip the life fantastic to orient myself once again to services rendered for cash --when what I really want to do is curl up with someone as sleepy as I am. Heavy sigh. On the positive side, they can't want me to work all the time, so next date night we are going to go someplace like the park. I was thinking of making a nice picnic, how cute and romantic is that?

No comments: