Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm number ONE!


This one is for all the firsties reading the blog --I'm a solid number one in my family. I love it. There are many, many good things about being first. I have four little sisters so I handed things down. I was supposed to set the ground rules and precedents --however, I did not do most of that. Everyone is different. The first is supposed to be your leader blah, blah, the second would be the diplomat. I find that really my second sister is the leader and I am more the diplomat --most of the time. But, it boils down better to I'm the brain and she is the brawn (in a pretty way).

Although all the dating/parenting articles about birth order seem to have every opinion possible --I seem to gravitate to firsts. Best friend -firstie, boyfriend -firstie, Ex -firstie. It is so weird when I look at it but there are enough of them to make for a whopper of a coincidence. Strange. It was on my mind today as the BF is going to see his little brother today. Every once in a while, in conversation, I will get the feeling that he would love to be doing what his brother is doing right now -which is in school for philosophy, if I understood him correctly.

As I have settle squarely into the 'Striver' category, not the 'Achiever' category I long for, I can empathize with how hard it can be to see a family member doing really well, and feeling like I might not be doing, let's just say, as well for now. However, as mentioned previously, everyone is different. Success is measure by us, ourselves. I may not be totally successful by everyone's standards -but, I'm working things out. School, yeah, still working on that one, but so close I can taste it. Career, so I'm working at Target, so what, it's for money. Family, I've got a great one. Friends, they are frigging awesome. Here's a new one --social life --hey, I've got one and it's fun. Hopes and Dreams, I took a year off working to write and I have some great material, just gotta keep plugging away on it and I can make them come true, in a publishing sense. Health, I did lose another pound and that torturous job seems to be helping stay active (not that I wasn't super fine beforehand, but I am just getting hotter looking which is a plus). Hey, that is a really great list! Not too bad at all.

So, after a much needed auto foot massage, I got up and cleaned my room top to bottom. Moved some furniture, swept the floors, took a cigarette break and danced around my room, did laundry, and ate a bowl of coleslaw. Tonight's agenda is to take a long hot bubble bath and paint my toes. Oh, and actually take the time to redo all my erased playlists on ITunes, which I have been putting off as I am a little lazy.

Oh, and just in case your interest was piqued by the 'Boyfriend Travel Game' these are the tracks I sent:

Night One: http://youtu.be/I26-ZRQBxA8
Night Two: http://youtu.be/ptVKfiE0O5M
Night Three: http://youtu.be/ImKY6TZEyrI
Night Four: http://youtu.be/B3kFPBtc9BE and http://youtu.be/jJOzdLwvTHA
Tonight's: http://youtu.be/aHx4BlF6V2o

I think they are all pretty good. We shall see when he gets back which ones he liked. Or I do take suggestions and requests. :)

No comments: