Friday, May 13, 2011

Something Special


Last night was once again 'Date Night'. Met boyfriend at Bread & Cup for dinner --with coffee afterwards. It is another restaurant I had not been to before (honestly, I thought I got out pretty regularly, but this dating thing has made it so that I have gone to a bunch of places I have never been). I was genuinely lucky he could make it out as I didn't get to set up a date until Tuesday night. I was honestly pretty glad to be going out as there had been some light turmoil in the house yesterday and it slightly frayed my nerves. It was nice to have a relaxing meal, some fun conversation, and a little male eye candy.

So, I was slightly pensive, but even with some heinous weather the date went really well. And he did the cutest thing. Okay, so we had a pizza and we were going to split it. They had a really lovely Moscato D’Asti (so think the sweetness of a Moscato with the great bubbles of an Asti) which they were serving by the glass for 5.50. It was so good I had two glasses, one with dinner, and one after dinner during conversation. Alcohol content on it is relatively low so we were no where near buzzed, but it was tasty. Then I figured we’d split the pizza so $6-ish.

When the leather envelope came, I put in my $20 in cash with his card. When it came back the cash was just gone. I had not really even looked at the bill. Kind of an old world etiquette tip here, but according to my Grandma J is it entirely inappropriate for a lady to review the bill with more than a quick demure glimpse (thusly, you must be prepared to simply know what you ordered and how much it was, it’s manners even when going dutch). So, I thought the lovely waitress had simply taken it as a tip. I told my date I would go to the counter and ask for change. He said no that they had simply applied the whole thing to the bill. Then I felt rather stupid as I am not that great with math in my head and had not even noticed the total of the bill. Plus, I had only really budgeted my $20 for dinner so that was all my money and meant no coffee.

He said it’s okay, I’m estimating here, but here and gave me $10 from his wallet. Now, as I said I am terrible at math and just accepted it gratefully as that now meant we could go for coffee afterwards which I was really looking forward to. The rain was terrible and there was lightening so we sat indoors at the coffee place and laughed and talked. After kind of a stressful day it was super nice and just what I needed to feel awesome again.

When we walked back to the car the wind was blowing like a hurricane and the rain was cold and pelting. He walked me to my car and when I gave him a big hug and a kiss he felt so good, warm, and big. It was awesome.

It was not until I got home and really thought about it, that I figured out he paid for most of dinner without me even knowing about it. How cute and sweet and magnificent. What a spectacular boyfriend and what a wonderfully charming man! So, I’m feeling enamored, peaceful, and squarely upgraded him to ‘extreme like’. Being a sweet gentleman –now that’s hot.

No comments: