Thursday, May 19, 2011

She Used To Be The Sweetest Girl...


Okay, this post is a cry for help. So, I was all confident yesterday that even if it rained the coffee place were are going to on the date would have a nice relaxing in door or covered area for talking and coffee, but now I am not totally not sure and I got a really cute e-mail from the bf reminding me gently that it was probably going to rain tomorrow. So, now I am frustratedly looking through the Internet catalogue of things to do indoors so we have some kind of activity.

My sister suggested going to a movie. That new pirate movies is out, but I am sick of the pirate movies. Thor is out, but I know he has seen that one. So like there's Bridesmaids which looks funny, but A) I really hate movies aimed at me as a chick. B) Hey, wanna go see a movie about getting MARRIED when we've been together for almost two months-ish? So, that one is right out. And I am not watching the Hangover II --dumbass comedy pisses me off. And really so does this hunting for activities like a pack of wolves. ---Well, there is that movie Priest, but it's kind of a vampire thing and it looks like it could either be awesome or really, really terrible. Plus, I have been kind of waiting until there was a good movie on my coupons from Marcus theaters so I didn't have to spent a bazillion dollars at the movies. F F F!

As if the three days I spent planning and fantasizing about a picnic and making out was not already a huge amount of work ---and it was. I have food prepared in the fridge. I made potato salad --for potato salad dogs. I have pecan tarts, which I wrapped individually. God damn Pecan Tarts! And an absolutely perfect date outfit, complete with stunning cute red hat. It was adorable. I could just tear my hair out in messy frazzled clumps right now. Totally stressed. Venue change means outfit change, activity means possibly eating out, which would mean choosing a restaurant. Not to mention that date night got moved to Friday because of my stupid work schedule so like everything will be busy.

For God sake, suggestions -please! I am at a total loss. I like roller skating, but there is not enough money in the world to get me into a roller skating joint on a Friday night and that one could go over like a lead balloon with the bf. Hmmm, so there's underwater basket weaving, but I haven't got a new bathing suit yet, so no. I need something simple and uncomplicated and this is not turning out to be it right now.

Work was harsh and felt degrading so my mood is not great. Not that it was bad --as I have been warned by several people NOT to blog anything about my new work that is unpositive on social blah, blah sites or anything. I'm not sure if the blog counts, as I have tried to keep things relatively anonymous about it. But, it was slightly big brother-ish, which also freaked me out. And honestly, it was not the most positive experience --it made me long for the severe tongue lashings and 80 hr work weeks of my previous job, where at least I knew what I was doing (was confident I did a good job). The 'actually very short compared to what I will be working' shift was littered with dashes of 'this is my first day' humiliation and nearly slavery type feelings of subjugation and neglect (there, not about work, just how work made me feel, which is alright in a blog, right?). I hope the shift on Saturday will be better, but the whole chin-up thing is working about as well as my location of a new date activity. Which is, NOT AT ALL. Welcome to self-censorship, it BLEEPS.

It seems as though my overconfidence in thinking that I could handle all of these things at once is about to slap me squarely in the face.  I could use a little help.

Hey, Sexy Jesus, if you're not busy....

1 comment:

BrewMaven said...

Laser light show at the planetarium! Film at the Ross! Hyde Observatory! Baseball game? Who can chug a kamikaze the quickest at Cliffs? Starlight?