Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Dawgs Are Barkin'!


Okay, so work tonight felt as though I wore these shoes in the picture all night. I would give my last bloody dime for a foot massage. And I am not a wuss. I have had doctors and dentist who have commented that I have a very high threshold for pain. Long intense aching pain --but my feet hurt so badly I could just scream right now. I don't know --my shoes are great, they're Nike Woman's Cross Trainers (I know because I buy a new pair every year and they are one of those things I don't skimp on as far as cost, because they are worth it), but the shoes seem to make little or no difference tonight. Ow, ow, ow.

Had a very positive conversation with old work today about getting back in. I thought it went well, but what do I know. I just stay positive and let things happen right now. Also, got asked at current job if that was my only job -which as commented on in the last post is a fairly regular thing to have two jobs when working there. I am a little slow at putting things out, but I'm sure I'll get faster. We shall see. All I have to do is try my best and have a smile on my face and I can do that.

Got home and was the only one who did not get to eat out tonight. The fam was in town briefly for my mom's stress test (which went well) and they went out to eat, and the roommates went out for Runza. I had a cheese snack before I went to work, but no out food. So, I felt somewhat left out, which sucks. I'm hungry, in pain, and no one really cares. Sigh --well, that is how life goes some nights. Best put on my big girl jammies and suck it up. I'm sure some pain medicine and some sleep will help.

Honestly, I used to muse that if someone showed no outward signs of pain --did pain really exist? I say 'no', but in discussing the concept one time with someone I can't quite remember they said that if it is a swelling or something there would be indications in the muscles of pain anyway, so 'yes' it would.  That one is always followed by my 'What if you saw purple differently than everyone. Like when you saw an apple it was purple, but everyone said it was red so even though you saw it, and all red things, as purple, you would call it red. You wouldn't know any different maybe.' Someone said that the cones in our eyes determine color so we all see the same colors --but, secretly, I think sometimes wires in the brain get crossed and it could be possible. It seems possible to me.

So, tomorrow is gonna be good. I swear. Day off, so that is a plus right off the bat. And tomorrow I'm using my theater coupon to take a couple sisters to that movie Thor. It looks cheesy and good, and the BF did enjoy it when he saw it so, it should  be fun. Other than that I am doing a bunch of cleaning and probably working-out like usual. Yeah, real fun. I want to comfort my aching arches with some late night MacDonald's I feel like I deserve it --however, I'm not sure I can hobble to the car. Better just go to bed.

1 comment:

BrewMaven said...

Lesson #1 - Never live near your favorite fast food place. It keeps you skinny. (Believe me, having De Leon's only a block away was soooo yummy yet sooooo dangerous. I swear when I look at my ass it looks like a chicken quesadilla.)
Lesson #2 - Being on your feet 7-8 hours a day is going to suck. I don't think there are shoes out there that can keep your feet 100% pain free. But I would recommend trying out the Merrell Siren Sport with the gel'n inserts. (Get 'em cheap on Ebay) I walked all day/night long at Thunder (11 hours yo!)and my feet felt just fine after all that in those shoes.
Word.