Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mr. Simple


So, the K-pop song above roughly translates to you are a great person, go out and bitch about the person who hurt you with your friends and get over it because you are awesome. I usually look for an English Dub if I can find one to make it easier for the readership, but could not find one I liked for this one. Mostly I like all the different flavored teenage ass dancing around in this one -but the message is also important. I think the blonde one is my favorite, no wait, it's the dark spiky haired one, wait...Anyway, still looking for Mr. Simple wondering around here waiting to take me home. The search has been rather abysmal, but amusing at the same time. So, there is your update on that one.

Wow, I got kind of tied up -figuratively, not literally -the last couple of days with the new story. I have forty pages down on it now so I am pretty excited. Kind of just put my head down and went into my writing hole for a few days. Sorry about that. I'd like to say that I did a bunch of other things, but really I didn't. I did not even accomplish the laundry sitting in the basket behind me. I am having a super difficult time on where to go with this one, not that my plots are over complicated, most of the time if there are two love interests the heroine gets them both --but, this does not seem to work for the new heroine who I feel is leaning heavily toward the guy who is turning out to the be the bad guy, which heads the story into the territory of a sad ending or a sad phyrric victory. Either way, I don't know if I can get her a happy ending on this one and really, that kind of bothers me --okay, it bothers me a lot as it happens to be mirroring, ever so slightly, my real love life (which I swore I would never do/write about, as my real love life is stupid boring.) So, what to do?

Oh, well, I keep working on it. There is always tomorrow. My sister has been urging me to look for ways to get things published now. She says it is ridiculous that I have all this material and no one reading any of it, making me money. Not that I really do it for money, but come on, it would be nice if I could say I was a published author. So, that is the main thing to concentrate on. I did stay true to my word and put in about three new job apps everyday I had off. I would like to say this made me feel accomplished, but -shit, this is my diary- no, it didn't and really I am getting super frustrated about it, which helps my mood, not at all.

On a brighter note, I did get an e-mail that the draft is set for this Saturday, so I will have my fantasy football team soon, which should be uber fun. Also, I think that with K and I having a day off together tomorrow, that we will probably get a good amount of scrapbooking done --which would be good as that is another thing that I have kept saying I was doing, but kept putting off because we like doing it together. Ate a bunch of pasta last night, but as I have been keeping up with my exercise and am currently a captive in the red tower of ladydom, I did still manage to lose another two pounds. Not bad. I believe I can make my current goal of 130 by Christmas, seems doable.

No comments: