Friday, August 12, 2011

How We Sleep Together


As a strict Dating Scientist, I, of course, went back and reviewed all my research, things I have learned, mysteries unraveled. I also take into consideration that really --about the time I had start looking again for someone to be with, I had simply accepted that fact that I would be alone. I would have to get nice and comfortable doing everything myself and liking it (or pretending to like it when people could see me). Eventually, I would get a farm and fill it with dachshunds of all shape and size, running along the crested hills in a great snaking wave of silly German dog-ness as the sunsets behind them. Hmmm, it still seems like a nice plan really. But, I got to thinking that perhaps I was a bit harsh on the boyfriend. When I had my first boyfriend my mother HATED him, so I asked her why and she told me, "Well, I'm your mother, I only hear the bad stuff because you only call to cry about the bad stuff." Ahhh, an epiphany!

So, I thought, well, at this point my readership may think my BF is some kind of evil maniacal genius out to destroy me with his weapon of choice, poor communication. Let me assure you this is simply not the case, although he could open his mouth more with the compliments and saying how he feels about certain things. In fact, he is a wonderful conversationalist and I find him infinitely interesting on many, many levels. He is sweet and shy. I like his silly smile. I enjoy his nice long fingered hands and when he stops being shy momentarily, I like the little ways he touches on me. I like the way he smells like laundry detergent and the way he feels solid when I put my face on his t-shirt. I like his ridiculous jokes, every once in a while he has the best comic timing and it is impossible not to laugh. The very first time he lured me into making out it was with some really awful elephant jokes. I like how he never goes in any place with me first --he always waits to hold the door, every damn time. His manners are very nearly impeccable, which I find terribly attractive. I love his varied tastes in music. I love his magnificent, soft, ready-for-fingers hair. I wouldn't be so wound up with doing things right with him if he weren't incredibly special and worth doing that for.

I would like to start dressing him like a paper doll. It stems from my need to be fashionable. Nothing invasive, but you know put a nice fitted t-shirt on him with one of those fitted cardigans --like most boys he has some clothing items I simply loathe and sometimes looks like every item on him is at least one size to big. However, no biggie. I like him best with his clothes off anyway. I also like the way he tries to fall asleep in the 'honeymooners hug' with me, even though this position is nearly impossible to fall asleep in. See picture below.


How cute and sweet? I keep thinking that if I tell him how awesome I think he is that, eventually, he will catch the queue that I need this reciprocated. I know he may be thinking it, but I am not a mind-reader by any means. So, there it is. Yeah, he's great and at some point he will start telling me how great I am (even though I am pretty much aware of this one already, it is still nice to hear). We have a super cute date tonight so...well, a girl can hope, right? Sometimes, I love'em so much it makes me crazy, which makes it hard to remain an objective Dating Scientist. Still, it's a lot more fun than I remember and everybody knows I love to experiment. :P

No comments: