Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rejection


re·jec·tion (r-jkshn) n.
1. The act of rejecting or the state of being rejected.
2. Something rejected.
3. Medicine The failure of a recipient's body to accept a transplanted tissue or organ as the result of immunological incompatability; immunological resistance to foreign tissue.

Yep, rejection although 'not fatal' as said in the picture (unless we are talking medical really), does hurt quite a bit. And I feel awful. Really terrible. And if you can believe this one --it was an e-mail that I did NOT get the phone position. So, I had to e-mail back and ask if that meant I was still being considered for the processing position or if that e-mail had been to let me know they were both closed. I love things like that --really could we peel the band-aid off just alittle slower as I am simply not in enough pain. I would also love to say that this totally has not affected me one bit, but really it has. Talk about total mood killer. I feel like I want to throw up.

There is an ever so slight chance --we'll say 1% chance -that perhaps, maybe, I got the other position so I had to get a rejection e-mail for one, but clinging to a non-realistic boat on the river de-nile, really does no one any good at all. So, now I go back over the interviews in my head and reanalyze every move I made, comment I made, facial expression, body posture.....hmmmm. You know the crazy thing is that I interviewed with this company like ten years ago with the same results, prior to having any insurance experience at all. Strange, really very odd. Still, so very disheartening -I really, really did want to work for this company. I sincerely wish they did not see me as foreign tissue.

And a couple hours later...You know I read in an etiquette book once that, 'Every time one feels bad about one's self, one should compliment someone else.' So, considering how I have felt --I went crazy and started making presents for just about everyone I know. I finished someone's b-day present. I made a ton more art for my BF (which I have started putting into a large sack filled with things I have made/brought for him over the last couple of months). I am now starting on a present that my sister and I are giving to our mother for Christmas. Oh, and I read several articles about making simple thoughtful crafty things for b-day parties, which I will be making later on. About an ounce more self-loathing and I would have to invite everyone over for a dinner party complete with napkin rings I made myself and about eight baked items.

In pure HR style, they waited until 5pm to send that response that 'yes, it was indeed for both of them'. Thanks, Guys. Feel like drinking, Anyone?

1 comment:

Brewmaven said...

I'm so sorry. :(
That sucks donkey balls. If they only knew how good of a worker you really are they would've hired you instantly.
If HR treats you that way, then you wouldn't want to work for that company anyways. Just imagine how they treat their workers.
Chin up!