Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Riding Hobby Horses


Okay, I love this pic. Love it. Not just because it is totally funny, but I love the ne'erdowell sitting there across the table from her. In my mind that is just how a gentleman should dress. Yeah, I'd buy you a drink just for looking like that. No problem.

So, yesterday was busy, but very good. D and K and I went to Walmart, then to Hobby Lobby -as we all have a varied set of crafty hobbies we have all been kind of neglecting for awhile. D has started to make jewelry. K has started to really take an interest in scrapbooking. I do both and some collage making with scrapbooking materials so we had a lot to look at. I found a way to make necklaces for approx. $5, that I think would sell well on Etsy for $10 or $15 --so I may have a new endeavour quite soon, or just a new thing that I will be giving everyone for their b-days. I managed to get myself seven new necklaces for less than $20, unique, one of kind jewelry just for me. Very satisfying. They are super cool. Also, the bestie really loved the collage I made for her b-day. I think it will fit right in with her new bar decor.

Did another chapter in the new story, which is coming along nicely. Really trying to keep this one story length, rather than my normal over 50k words. Need to clean the room and do laundry so that is on the list of things to do either today or tomorrow. Also, really sat down and went over the applications I have been filling out for the state. Found two misspellings. Ah, now that was what killed them. I absolutely understand --there must never be any misspellings on a job app -ever, plain and simple. How embarrassing. Oh, well. Everything is corrected now, submitted three more job applications to the state. I can do it, I just gotta keep trying. I also believe I have eaten enough of the bullseye's humble pie that I can go into an interview and not be an arrogant prick. Which will probably help me in the long run. ha, ha.

Other than that I am squarely sitting in the middle of a happy place. Mind is in a good way, body is in a good way. The only thing not perfect really is that T brought home a buddy from school, so I have been trying to stay up in my room while they do homework together. I have not gotten to bathe, so I am still in my jams with crazy bed hair. Which is not bad...today is my day off so I do what I want, when I want. It is really quite lovely. I am learning to appreciate once again my sweet alone time. I do tend to over focus/ narrow focus when I'm in a relationship, so being out of one lets me widen the focus to the million creative things I could be doing other than working to please one boy (which we do with all intense fervor and excitement whether they like it or not). I never realize I miss it until I'm back here. Aaah, relief filled sigh. Oh, and fantasy football starts like a week and a half from now.

No comments: