Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baby Puppies Vs. Puppies


What is up, y'all? Still making some noise if I'm with it, etc. I am also back to actual writing. I decided to try a stylistic change up and go first person with the next story. I am kind of excited about it, however, it is super difficult for me as I can't tell you what everyone is thinking just the main character. And I have not decided if I like that quite yet, but it is challenging nonetheless. So, I'm sure it will be worth it. Also, closing at the old job getting home at Midnight-thirty then writing for two hours has made me totally exhausted.

With that I would also like to tell you that I had a damn near high-school proportion type situation present itself last night. Ever been picked last to be on a team? Excluded from something because you were different or some other reason? Sure, we all have. Rarely is there a person who won at everything, was included in everything. Last night I found out from a particularly loud-mouthed 18 yr old girl at work that I had been systematically not invited to several get togethers of workers --get this --because I am too old. I was a little furious, but in my normal fashion acted like it was not a big deal. It still hurt my feelings quite a bit. It is true the age of the group is about 18 to 24, but really? I mean, I'm over thirty yeah, but come on, that is old these days? It left me confused and slightly baffled. Wait a minute, I'm cooler than you kids, by like miles. That is like looking at my puppy picture up there and saying "Nah, that puppy is too old. I mean, she's cute and smart and funny, but we only like baby puppies." Fucking Ridiculous.

So, I suppose I should expect my AARP card in the mail any day now. So, I have spent some time today thinking about it. And I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't bother me (not much) --actually it is probably on even par with how much I am concerned about finding 'the one' in this day and age. I have decided to take T's philosophy in regards to Yahtzee full houses, "You just have to relax and let it come to you." It doesn't mean we've stopped looking, we just have other things that are more positive that we can work on right now (weight, work, teeth, etc). Age happens, love happens, shit happens. We work on what we can fix, and accept those things we can't with grace and a good attitude. Oh, and laugh about it. I have been listening to some new Beastie Boys tracks and feeling bad for the kids who don't remember 'You Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party'. Much like a Beastie Boy --I still make some noise because I'm with it. Fo' Shizzle, Kiddies. I also don't play no game I can't win....

2 comments:

Brewmaven said...

You wouldn't want to hang with those kids anyways. All they would talk about is some lame ass MTV fake reality show and how cool it was in high school. gag! Someday they will realize that it's way cooler to hang with older people. That's why we hang with the 40-60 crowd. Oh yeah, out of control!

Brewmaven said...

And now that I think about it more. They really couldn't handle the way we party. We may be older, but we know how to do it up right.
They may have keggers, but we have epic weekend blowouts. Kapow!