Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fantasizing A More Impressive Day


Hey. So, not much to blog about really. Did some scrapbooking yesterday and it looks really great, put a lot of effort into my creative decisions and the design of it. Did a bit of reading. Had a nice time with D at Walmart. Watched 'The Losers' again. I really love that movie. Oh, K and T got into a car accident yesterday -everyone is fine, some kid backed his truck into their car while they were stopped, but the red car took kind of beating in the front so K is home today trying to get all the insurance stuff all squared away.

I have to work this evening (picked it up as an extra shift). I am feeling general malaise about the working thing. I always give 100% when I'm there, but it is not exactly what I imagined I would be doing. Also trying to hunt up one more girl for the all female fantasy football league, in the process of trying to convince my sister K to do it. Have a date on Wednesday, going to see Transformers so I can talk to sister A about it. Talked to my grandma for a while, she is doing really well. Wrapped somebody's b-day presents. Hmmm....trying to think of what else I have done. Had coffee and a donut for breakfast today. Wow, I am severely boring sometimes, that really seems like nothing at all. Let's see if we can juice it up a bit.........

After a sweaty hot night sleeping on the jungle floor, I woke up with leaves and ants sticking to my face. I brushed them off angrily, cracked open a coconut and drank the milk, as I knew I would need my strength for the day's long journey into the dark heart of this stinking swampy deathtrap, even though I hate coconut. The soggy snapping branches under my feet have caused the blisters inside my hiking boots to pop and ooze. Nothing here is steady, even, all of it seems to be a slippery slope or a jagged rock. The smell of this place makes me nauseous. The ever present stench of a thousand compost heaps laying before me, begging me to step down solidly to release more wafting desiccated air up like bursting a ketchup packet under my heel. My clothing soaks up the water from the air like a sponge, mingling with the sweat, layering the smell all over me too. Time to get the hell out of this place.

1 comment:

Brewmaven said...

I must have tiny british puppy!