Saturday, July 9, 2011

Welcome To Cloud 9


I count myself lucky in a great many things. Really. I have a lot to be grateful in my life --almost all the time. One of the huge things I am really lucky to have is the great people.

Yesterday was a really busy one. Got up relatively early and went shopping with the bestie on her last day in town. Picked up a dress that I had been eyeing for about three months, which finally went clearance yesterday, so I got it for 50%. Yellow, is definitely the color for this summer. And some foaming hand soaps from Bath and Body works. Then we hung out in the pool for a couple of hours. Got to see the family briefly -at least my Grandma and sister 5, while the little sister picked up her first new car ever. My grandma also got me a nice card for my b-day.

And not to discount all these spectacular encounters, but one of the best parts of my day was my date last night with the BF. The adult mac and cheese at Granite City was splendid, then we had coffee at the south Mill, complete with homeless lunatic interrupting our conversation to say 'Great way to meet an extraterrestrial...'. Then adjournment to the BF's bachelor pad for some quality time together.

This is going to sound cornier than cornbread, but you know I really had given up on being with someone else --I had simply accepted the fact that my 'someone' that my mom had always said was out there, had been hit by a bus or died of malaria in some far off jungle while hunting for relics. However, this was not true. Like most good things, I had to wait for him. And he is simply perpetually late, that's all, which is actually kind of endearing. Having him now is incredible, he is so good to me and sweet and just exactly what I had been missing all this time. There's really just no better way to put it. Yep, I just love him and love him --that movie-esque, ridiculous, walking on sunshine kind of in love. It feels superb.

No comments: