Friday, July 15, 2011

If I Were The Broncos, I Would Have Hazed Tim Tebow Until He Cried.


Wohoo! So, work last night was a little rough --we were short one person because, as I thought she would Big Fat Jill called in. She also told everyone that Wednesday was her last night anyway -when it really wasn't that way on the schedule. When I got in I found out that the Other Heather at my work also felt exactly the same way about her which was a riot -we laughed and laughed. She even asked about my b-day. So, I told her about all the stuff we had done that whole week and she says, "I wish my husband was still my boyfriend -we never go on dates." She even invited me out for a late b-day drink sometime, she is very cool really.

It really got me to thinking about how I should be savoring this 'dating' period a little more than I have been. Sure, somedays it is tough to come up with the money to do it and sometimes I do kind of crave the relaxing familiarity of like year five of a relationship. But, right now everything is new and exciting and fun --even though by the same token it causes anxiety and some worrying about stuff I don't normally worry about much (Is there ever a good time to fart around anyone, ever? Sigh. And yes, girls do it too -everyone does.) So, I put the smile right back on my face, it made me really appreciate the place I am in my relationship. It's a good place, a fun, adventurous place. Other Heather also said she doesn't wear her wedding ring because she is terrified of having a horrible accident at work with it, per a rather hilarious training video we all had to watch at the beginning.

Among other things, I got a crash course on working the fitting room so I could cover Other Heather's lunch and breaks, which was interesting. Some dude called in for what I heard as 'ankle bracelets' for men. So, I called on the walkie and then let him know we did not carry ankle bracelets for men --to which he replied, "Bracelets? I wanted an ankle brace, like for playing sports." OMG, duh. I felt like a total moron, then told him I'd transfer him to sporting goods. People need to enunciate a little better on the phone. Still good for a laugh, I guess.

And the highlight to the day, other than my looming coffee date with the adorable BF, my Bestie has decided to start an all female fantasy football league, even with the lockout, and has invited me, yes, ME, to join. I'm so freaking excited about it. I even have been throwing around some names for my team or whatever it is. Plus, it is a good environment to learn to really do it right and get the skills to do some real ass kicking in a league later involving gentleman. And trash talk, both the Bestie and myself love to trash talk and are very competitive, so this should give us a good place to do some of that. My sister has threatened to get me a Tim Tebow jersey, maybe I will make that my fantasy football uniform. God, I hate you, Tim Tebow.

No comments: