Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Extreme Barbeque Extravaganza!


So, tonight I'm gonna do some writing. I need to stop letting all the other things I have to do get in the way of sitting down and laying out some print.

Got all things ready for what I'm calling 'The Extreme Barbeque Extravaganza!" tomorrow night. I invited the BF over for dinner and possible Yahtzee or Poker with the roommates/family. Which prompted others to ask me if I had been introduced to his family...to which the answer is 'no'. This also gave me a rather annoying itch behind the ear -as I really have no need to add another family to all the family drama heaped on me - but, it was one of those 50% fatal errors committed by the BF in that article I read. Error number 4 which was "4. He avoids introducing you to his friends. He should be proud of you, want to show you off, and want to include you in his life." I don't think he is necessarily avoiding introducing me to anyone, but perhaps he just wants to spend time with ME instead --which is the correct answer anyway. But, that is all a lot of blah, blah, blah.... Here's the article, in case some of you were lucky enough to miss it: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/11-signs-he-s-not-headed-toward-a-relationship-with-you-2510727/

So, whatever, sometimes yahoo is so off the mark it's not even funny. Grain of salt, People, grain of salt. Oh, but more about the Extreme BBQ Extravaganza --the roommates got a new grill recently so we will be busting that out and making an immense amount and variety of meat (Sorry, Vegan Princess). The menu is like BBQ chicken, hamburgers, BBQ beef ribs, and hot dogs. Then ranch pasta salad, sweet corn on the cob, and baked beans. Then I am making my new pumpkin pie recipe w/whipped cream. Sounds ridiculously delicious, doesn't it? So, plenty of good food. After dinner there will be some relaxing -and probably Yahtzee, as the game has a certain amount of chance involved, rather than straightforward competition. Some smoking, some joking, a good time in the summer time. I am really pretty excited about it. I'm making the pasta salad and pies tonight so they can be cold for tomorrow. Perfect.

So, I'm off to do some cooking, then later tonight some writing. I haven't decided on what yet, but some writing --even if it is just some lame plot pointing or something. I swear.

1 comment:

BrewMaven said...

That is a very interesting article from Yahoo and it definitely has some interesting points to it. All men should read the article so that they know we are on to their tricks. Muuaahahahaha! (oh, and i pray for the poor souls of the animals you are about to consume.)