Friday, July 22, 2011

Needful Things

So, I had a splendid lunch with Miss Franna Banana. We talked and talked and talked. It was wonderful. She is a great friend with some wonderful insights and a spunky point of view that I really hope I retain when I get somewhat older. We discussed alot of family stuff --her family is just as crazy as everyone else's but she seems to be having 'sister' issues, which I do have my fair share of as I have four of them. I hope to do it again soon.

The other thing I did today was go garage sailing with one of my sisters, K. We made a haul. I spent about twenty and she spent about twenty -and we rolled home with a Honda full of junk. Sometimes I don't know why I look at things and think 'You know I may need one of those.' But, it is always fun and I did get some great stuff. Like:


Okay, so a another mirror, yeah, I love mirrors, and a dry erase board with a nice frame. Total $3.


Philips DVD player (and it works) $2.  K bought the silver chafing/flambe dish for $9.


K's big buy was this huge box of C9 Christmas lights for $5 --it took her an hour to go through all of them and only about half worked. She was a little disappointed, but still says they were a good buy.


And this not-so-little gem. It is really huge like probably 3.5 ft by 2.5 ft and in person it looks super classy. They wanted $25, but I got it for $15. Really the frame and matting in it are worth at least $15, so I am super happy with it. I even like the vase in the picture. Classy.

Not pictured items -got a sit up and watch movies in-bed pillow for 75 cents, five books for a quarter a piece so $1.25, a Calvin Klein olive corduroy fitted jacket for $1, a Christmas scrapbook cover retailing for ten dollars I paid $1, and I even picked a little something up for a friend of mine having a b-day soon so I can't talk about it (but, I was super surprised to find it at a Nebraska yard sale and think she will go ga-ga over it). So, it was a good day. Not as many yard sales out as we thought there would be, but the ones we hit were super nice and all the sellers were really lovely friendly people so it was a very good time. 

No comments: