Monday, July 18, 2011

Making Plans Monday...


Ah, Monday. Working another close tonight. Weekend not bad. Woke up this morning to finally find three open positions I wanted to apply for. Kind of excited about this as they are all pretty respectable office type work --which means there will likely be like a million candidates for them . So, I am re-polishing the old resume and getting on it. So, this is also kind of a heads up to my references if they are reading this one.

Read the first chapter in the Twilight book I got from work yesterday night. It is not brilliant, but it is easy to read and quick. Her style is simple and she uses first person with past tenses, where I write second person past tense narratives. But, it is highly readable and thus far not bad.

Not much to report today really, as I haven't really done anything worth speaking about yet. I need to write cover letters and fill out those incredibly long applications. Movie coupons won't show up until tomorrow (Sister K and I had a debate about this as I said they came on Monday and she was positive they do not come until Tuesday -sadly I think she may be right and I may be deluded.) so at that point I will see what the BF is up to and if he wants to hang out maybe. People at work were all a buzz about the new Harry Potter movie which they had seen and I had not. I was kind of more excited about Captain America. However, the BF has already signed on to go see that with someone else so I need to rustle up someone to go with if I want to see it this weekend. I may have to put it off and go see it when it has been in theaters for a while, which is somewhat disappointing to me really. Oh, well.

With that said I have a bunch of stuff to do before work so I had better get on it. With all of tomorrow off --I am pretty much planning on hitting those employment apps hard and get them out so people can call me for interviews. Cheers!

No comments: