Saturday, July 2, 2011

Digging A Hole In The Sand....


So, work went pretty much how I expected --which was not well, at all. It was a long amount of drudgery, however, it was alright. Cons, there were about a billion people and they tore the place apart, some of the girls I work with a hookers and bitches and love talking about the people they work with and acting like they have nothing better to do, and last, but not last I was in no mood for anyone's crap. Pros, got some good news -big, fat, lazy Jill put in her two weeks, Hooray. We did get everything done last night and it felt pretty good, plus for some reason all the boys there are pretty funny so for the last hour when they helped with putting things away we passed jokes and movie reference which made me feel a little better. And after work I got to change quickly for my date with the BF and he was an absolute joy to talk to last night (just what I needed really).

So, a 'for instance' --there is a really sweet, very young, very innocent 19 yr old boy named B --now as we are putting things away the radio is on and that Rhianna song S&M comes on. He is singing and dancing then suddenly stops looks over one of the racks at about three of us putting things away and asks sincerely, "I wonder what she means by 'S&M'?" After I nearly wet my pants from laughing, I look back over the rack at him and say "B, it's a reference to sadistic and masochistic consensual play." The look on his face was complete shock and horror and he says rather quickly, "Well, I'm not singing that song anymore." --Now, I honestly had no idea there were still such innocent, uncorrupted children left on this planet, I would have thought that if he knew the lyrics he would have figured it out, but it was hilarious to me. A moment of real comedy in life.

Along with that little nugget of mirth in my night there was my fabulous date --now, you ask what was different last night from the week before, but somehow if just was. It was short like last time, it was the same drinks, same place. But, it was different it was better, I had gotten to change, the crackling anticipation had returned to it, when I told him I had to go home--for a minute there it seemed like he didn't want me to go. And even though I said we could put off talking about the novella he discussed it with me and I was able to glean some positive notes and feedback from him about it, without being offended or defensive (which is part me being good and part him delivering the message well). And guess what? For my b-day Saturday we are going to Omaha to the art museum then to dinner. I think it sounds wonderful! I am so very excited. What a sweet, thoughtful idea. I knew he could do it. He was honestly the best part of my Friday, hands down.

So, good stuff, today we only have to focus on getting through another grueling night at work. Tonight is my Wednesday. I am sincerely hoping we are not too very busy, but if yesterday is any kind of indicator, we'll probably be packed again tonight. Sigh. Thank God for my new insoles and sweet, sweet boyfriend.

No comments: