Saturday, April 30, 2011

Going to the...


Yep. Tonight I am taking my date to the Lincoln Symphony Orchestra performance of 'A Night At the Movies'. It is not going to be as many musicians as in the picture, probably about four, but there is a vibraphonist who will be playing who is supposed to be very good. They are doing a bunch of themes from films so it should be recognizable and interesting. The concert is also being made into a CD for the four people playing which is kind of cool.

My date asked me if he should wear a tie or not, as he was unsure as to the formality of the event. I kind of hinted that he could if he wanted or not, but definitely a jacket of some sort. But, I am a sucker for a man in a nice suit --that's all there is to that one. Tuxes are nice, but there is nothing (NOTHING) hotter on a man than a well tailored, three piece suit. Makes me hot just thinking about it. I have the vapors. It could be double breasted or single, three buttoned or two, doesn't fucking matter. Now a days men don't have much call to wear them, not the guys I see, which makes me a little sad. Not that I want to force my date into formal clothes he is not comfortable in --but it is kind of like that uncomfortable date lingerie I wear, really you find it sexy, so if it looks hot enough the purpose is to let them peel it off of you, get it. A marvelous candy wrapper.

I am going downtown early so I can park at a meter and hang out with sister D at her little apartment, as it is like a block away from the Lied, so I get to see her for a while and hang out comfy, then walk a block over when it is time for the show. Debating about heels or flats, for my outfit, which as of this second is a black cocktail dress with my jersey and rosette cover-up. Oh, and I have decided, as an homage to the royal wedding hats and Derby, that I am going to wear the spectacular headband I have --that I've never worn. Elegant, but stylish is what we are going for. Good plan.

I am also working on making my mom something nice for Mother's Day, which I totally spaced off. I am working on photo-shopping something fun for her, that will make her laugh. I love my mom and she deserves nice things. Well, all for now. Planning on having a really good time.

No comments: