Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Don't get 'Sucker Punch'-ed


Okay, so went to the movies with my sister, because I got a coupon for $5 admission. I love cheap admission, however it did not make this movie worth seeing.

I am a HUGE action movie fan. I love them. This was disguised as an action movie, but it wasn't. It tried desperately to be psychologically twisty, but it was predictable and badly acted. Going into it. I knew it would be about girls in skimpy costumes. I had no doubt of that, but really that's it? Yeah, that's it. It is a sad 'whack-off to it boys' film, with a plot as loose as a $2 hooker.

I saw it in 2-D, but could easily pick out the shots that were supposed to be 3-D (perhaps on the DVD). The cliched bullet coming from the gun, fire out of the dragon's mouth, bullshit that had been done to death previously. One or two of the action scenes were worth it, but I walked out feeling like the preview had been better than the actual film and I hate that. Everyone else must have gotten the memo about the stinkiness of the film because there were only like twelve people in the theatre and it was a coupon night.

Really, sadly, it is a one time watch film, which had potential to be very good, but failed miserably to meet this potential for me. So, if you're desperate to see it, have a coupon, or wait for it on Netflix. I can't even imagine how pissed off I would be if I had paid full price for this. If you are even still waffling about it --go see Paul, instead.

1 comment:

BrewMaven said...

Thanks for the warning and by spending your $5 you have protected others from not wasting their money or time on this film. You are the watch dog of the people. :)