Saturday, April 2, 2011

Excitement, right?


Okay, think back, remember what it was like to be intensely totally excited to see another human being? Yeah, for readers of this blog...I did have a blog that I wrote early last night, but did not post. It was an introspective on settling in life. Just settling for things and being content. And all it took was one e-mail. A confirmation that my date from Thursday had also enjoyed himself and yes, was in fact down for a second one. First, you experience the ultimate relief that there was not a one sided attraction, not the expected lame painful e-mail rejection letter. Thank you for recognizing that I am indeed awesome. Yeah, and I think you're awesome too. Hmmm, now to implement the plan of being awesome together, which is harder.

Plus, there is the excitement to deal with. It makes ya look like a ridiculous crazy mental patient. I literally got up and jumped up and down. I can not even tell you how long it has been since I was emotionally inspired to do that. It has been a while, let's say. And because I am a hopeless romantic deep down, that stifled repressed emotional center kicked into high fantasy processing. I honestly haven't slept well in nearly a week. I think about him and imagine what to say. I take little frozen seconds, images from date one, and suck on them mentally like ice cubes, until it's like two hours later and I am wondering why I can't sleep. Argh.

And I have no desire for it. Honestly, I remember how I fell previously and I know it will only inspire me to ridiculous flirting and simpering, then insane petting, and finally aggressively tearing his clothing off like a rabid animal, probably in the backseat of a car. Very unladylike, not mature at all. Sigh. However playing coy about it seems so unnatural to me. I like ya, why not tell ya. Probably because that one puts me in and out of bed like a midnight telephone call.

The only thing that keeps me sort of balanced is the fact the my job/finances and writing aspects of my life are not going as I would like them to be right now. Not everything progresses together. It is a waiting game. I await the publishers and that place I interviewed with all last week to call. The call I expect Tuesday, the manuscript is more like 8 weeks. Still, they progress, perhaps more slowly.

So, we bounce between ecstatic to slightly unhappy, like a damn ping-pong ball. Such is life.

No comments: