Thursday, April 21, 2011

Third Time's A Charm?

Tonight is highly anticipated date night so among the many things I am working on today, and the list is long –reedits on manuscript, do dishes, do laundry, pick up room, look for more things to apply for (this round involves removal of my dignity first), and exercising, I am also doing prep work for the date.

Any good Dating Scientist will tell you that it is a lot of work to make it look effortless and ‘I don’t really care, but I do care’ casual. Honestly, I know the list is absurd, that’s why it is a joke. However the activities give me a chance to focus on releasing excitement energy in a positive way (not pacing, smoking and over thinking it).

Date Prep:

  • Check weather for date outfit appropriateness. Temp 46, chance of rain 50%, no white shirt. Date outfit picked out. Will work with weather, check.

  • During bathing portion of day –remove all unwanted hair (all of it, everywhere), moisturize everything (especially hands as we are preparing for ‘hand holding’ tonight), pluck, pull, and style all of it. Exfoliate lips (just in case they are called up for use, as well.) Nail painting, going with the pink on fingers and toes this time.

  • Got on-line and accessed restaurant menu in reference to both allergy appropriateness and diet requirements. Picked what I will be eating. Cross referenced this with current financial situation. Reordered. Can have dessert or soup, if I want, but not both, as that both will blow my calorie count out the f*king window. May do it anyway.

  • To avoid long awkward pauses, came up with a list of topics I would enjoy talking about. Put list in purse. –End of good date reward will be passing him my telephone number, so need to include small writing tablet in purse.

  • Reorganize purse. Things to include in purse –Epipen (just in case), wallet, condoms –both non-latex variety and latex (also, just in case, but will probably have as much of a chance to use these as that darn Epipen), gum, lip gloss, harmonica (always in purse, but more poignantly for if I put the moves on him and he does call the cops on me. –I will need it for the standard ‘playing harmonica in jail cell while awaiting bail out scene’), smaller version of previously applied make-up for touch ups, fake blonde ‘Simon & Simon’ adhesive mustache (in case disguise is needed to avoid harmonica use). I think that may be it.

Wondering now to self if this will ever be an easy process. This process will also probably include me doing exactly what I did the last time I got dressed for a date, which is changing my outfit about a million times and much fancy designer shoe tossing round the room. I have no idea how people can do this all the time, honestly.

So, yeah, I’m still really nervous. I haven’t figured that one out yet, but will chalk it up to ‘please like me syndrome’. I have decided to do some subtle ‘so is this going to go someplace’ checking tonight during conversation. I am solidly in ‘like’ with my date and want to put forth that I am dating to find someone to be exclusive with. I read an article that said this was a positive thing for a lady to do, as some people really are simply looking for new friends and people to hang out with. Nothing heavy handed, mind you, just some simple non-invasive, tactful feeling out. NOT feeling up –feeling out. Gheesh, you readers. Although we (as in the royal ‘we’) are not adverse to that either.

Oh, and I am not sure if the picture totally applies to the blog today, I just thought it was funny. I will have to check on that 'eats kittens thing'. I know he likes cats, but I failed to access if he likes them for breakfast.

1 comment:

BrewMaven said...

Have fun on your date! Loved your post today...very funny! :D