Thursday, April 14, 2011

Some findings...


First off, blog readers, as anticipated scientifically, readership was totally up yesterday due to the scintillating content of previous blog --which included 'sex' mentioned at least four times and a little bit of good natured fantasy at the tail end there. Readership increased by 80%. At some point, I will figure out all the secrets to this and have everyone reading and commenting on my random thoughts --and hopefully buying some books, if I ever manage to get something published.

Oh, and just for the record I have upgraded my title to 'Dating Scientist' as it is much more attractive and smart sounding than girl-looking-for-love, blah, blah, blah. I have already preformed a small dating experiment, however not on the guy I have been talking about in the last blogs, that would be cruel and I like him way too much for that. However, previously e-mailed guys who were not cool enough to actually invite me out --yeah, it was you and, yeah, I totally did mess with you just because I could. If I could label your profiles with a big fat 'Epic Fail' I totally would. And at some point, I may publish findings, but I will change your name to something hot, to protect me, for course. So, no worries.

Anyway, keeping this one short, but needed to mention something really came together for me today, which was nice. Caught a break on something I've been waiting months on. Not the publishing thing, but it was still great nonetheless. Tiny golf clap for me.

And last but not least, I had a nice long conversation with my mom on the phone today. She is very busy so sometimes we don't get to chat as much as we have in the past, but boy, I sure do like her. Somehow we just get on the same wavelength and it is really great to talk with someone who totally cares about how every little thing is going. I mean, I guess she kind of has to, because she's my mom, but you know not all moms do that. I know the good ones do, but...well, I don't want to be insulting to all the really crappy moms who don't.

So, at the close of my day, I reflect. I laid down 11,000 words last night on current story. Not bad, we'll see if tonight is better. Oh, and everyone in the house has sinus infections and pressure headaches due to crappy rain today.

No comments: