Friday, April 1, 2011

The Date & Next Phase...


Honestly, I must have been dropping the ball on sabotaging myself, as per my previous post, because I came home last night feeling really good about the date. Better than most, actually. Really good, actually. Even with the unexpected facial leprosy.

He's cute and shy, but funny and a good listener. He is the quintessential tech guy, only not creepy like that one tech guy who was married but would make really off color jokes and when he touched your computer you felt a little dirty, not that guy, the other one --the nice one. He has big thick glasses, which I think are sexy, and kind of a large nose, but so do I. Not to mention that mine looked like I was trying to cover up a tumor with make-up and his was just natural big. --Big blue eyes and sweet boyish hair, ripe for finger-running-through. And nice hands, nice big hands with well cared for nails. Not overly tall but, about 5' 9" or so, with a slender build. He wore khakis and a dress shirt, but you could see his undershirt at the collar. Shirt was white with light blue plaid pattern. Simple, nice.

I wore jeans, white tank and grey fitted cardigan, with madras Loafers. I thought it was casual, but nice, showed off the shape without screaming 'Hey, I'm curvy and slutty'. Hair looked really good, make-up was light (no lipstick, chapstick for gloss as I read recently men hate red lipstick for some reason). We talked about a bunch of stuff, keeping it light. TV, movies, super heroes we liked, MST3K, dogs and cats, family, old jobs, current jobs, my writing. He is going to a play tonight with a friend of his --it was actually my idea for the second date, but nix that now and it was even 'The Mousetrap' which I really wanted to see, so that is kind of sad. --He also has no roommates or pets, so when we do get busy which is scheduled for like date three, if he's still in the game, we're going there. Perfect. Doesn't like coffee. Was not able to determine if he is a social drinker or not, so I'm thinking maybe dinner for date #2. Everybody eats.

I did do something which is typical me, but is advised against by all advice given to me. Hold judgement for the next few sentences until I finish. I really hate trying to describe what kind of music I listen to. I mean, my taste is so-o-o-o varied. at this point. it is a huge long conversation and will always come out idiotic. So, I looked at what his taste was listed as and made a CD of things I had that I thought was 'like that but a bit expanded'. I kept it in my purse until the end of the date, because if I thought it went badly, I wasn't going to give it to him. But, as I did determine it went well. I explained that I had been making a CD for 'a friend' and I just thought it would be a fun way to show him what I was into rather than blather about it. Like a free gift, no matter how things go, for coming out and hanging out. I explained, it was not like a mix tape and nothing on it had any deeper meaning, I was already making one and it takes like 2 seconds to just make another one (he's a tech guy, he knows that) because I didn't want to seem like a creepy stalker, but (shush) everyone knows I kind of jump feet first into things when I get over excited (if he's lucky, he'll get to find out that one too later). I didn't tell anybody I was planning on doing this as I knew everyone would advise against it. I don't regret it, but I hope he took it the right way. I would hate to have that one flummox the whole date.

So, I think I will e-mail him today and set up a dinner date. More to come. --Hopefully or at least a pathetic blog about how he stopped talking to me and how he sucks because of that. Either way, I'll still blog.

No comments: