Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stagnant...Nah

Ah, stagnation. Really? I fooled ya, Reader. In my personal situation the word 'stag' may apply more than stagnant, at this point, however both still apply. Per the previous blog --and the fact that it has been two days since the afore-mentioned date, with not even a quick e-mail back to say if he had a good time or not.--The royal 'we' was feeling a little out of sorts this morning.

However, I put on my t-shirt today that said 'WINNER' on it. I bought this shirt before the whole Charlie Sheen thing, but it is even trendier now which is cool. And God damn, it's true. I dropped like ten pages on a story last night, ending that little 'too mentally consumed with romance' to write romance period. I got up and worked out and I have lost another two pounds today. Sure, we are like a good twenty or fifteen from super sexy summer wear, but I am so close I can taste it like a Big Mac on a string in front of me. I even passed on a free lunch at Culver's today. I am doing awesome. I am still awesome, smart, pretty, and have great friends.  I just need to come through strife a little bit more eloquently. Sure, it's kind of disappointing to be too 'sexy' for my date --but there will be someone who appreciates that if he doesn't. He's smart, and if he's that smart he'll see me for the great person I am and he'll set up that third date. And if not, hey, I did my best. I'd still like to eat breakfast off of him, but there are always other places to eat if he's closed.

Yeah, winning, Baby, epic winning.

My sister clipped for me an article about self-published authors who are making a lot of money and handed it to me said 'Soon that's gonna be you.' It was one of the nicest things that has happened lately. And makes me think of that really introspective self-loathing due to dating anxiety is really very lame and no one likes to hear it. I have a great existence and super friends who will tolerate a certain amount of good natured b*tching, but, let's get back to being grateful for the good things and start appreciating those introspective moments as the sticky candy of anticipation that they really are.

So, it may look like stagnation to other people, but I am a runner poised for rocket take off, still and focused, body tensed, ears pricked up just listening for the starter pistol to be fired. It's gonna be a hell of a race, but I'm already winning.

No comments: