Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I decide.


Okay, so what's been happening with me lately....work is going really well, still. I trained on the phones for reception yesterday. They will be fairly easy. The system is much older than any I have worked with previously, but it is simple and gets the job done. Work has been good for the most part. It is hard to believe that after this week I will have been there for a full month. Wow. Time flies when you job is simple and easy. It's refreshing.

Had a really lovely dinner and coffee with the Ex last night. He is also doing really well. Getting ready to transition from one job to another. He's a little bit more marketable than I am so he got the new place to pay for his parking downtown. It will be kind of fun to have him close down there. I think we will probably get to go out to lunch once in a while together which will also be fun. I am still debating about what I will do when the snow hits --as far as actually driving or having to take the bus (which is just plain boiling down to being cheaper.)

The roommates are in discord. My sister has been talking to her friend at work about divorce and she is really very dissatisfied with many of her husband's behavioural problems which have never changed over years and years and they still fight about them. I will always support my sister, but I don't know if divorce is the right option. But, I'm not in the relationship so I really have no say....mine is to stand back and support my sister. I guess we shall see what she does. It has been kind of tense here nonetheless.

On the 'dating' front, I got no less than eight (not an exaggeration here) e-mails begging for forgiveness from the random who stood me up on Monday night. So, I carefully considered everything and e-mailed him back with a stern condemnation of his actions and giving him one last chance. One, that's it. So, he is going to set something up....and it damn sure had better impress me. I have shaken off the initial self-doubts and anger about the whole thing. Sometimes timing sucks, sometimes horrible things happen that we cannot control. You have to roll with the punches. Being brave and strong is not easy, but it is achievable if you have the stamina for it --which luckily I do.

I am excited for Halloween this year, as I am going to dress up for work. I have not totally decided what the costume will be yet. It is between an Emo Kid and Poirot. Either costume will be fun, I just have to decide which would be more work appropriate. I will, of course, post pictures no matter what I decide.

No comments: