Saturday, October 29, 2011

Great Friday Night


Okay, so at some things I may fail miserably. Right now this pertains to some personal things and to my fantasy football league, where after a horrific Ravens/Jags game I fell to sixth. I also got stood up this week and to put it lightly I am having 'problems at home'. All of this does not mean I had a bad week.

This weeks saviour and really one of the more positive things, has been my friendship with my Ex-BF. We went out on Tuesday night and had a really fun time. And yesterday when I e-mailed him and all but begged him to go out with me again on Friday night --he totally did. He listened to me blah, blah, blah about all my stupid problems and genuinely cared if I was okay. He even let me go over to his house and watched movies with me almost all night, even though he was packing for a trip this weekend, doing laundry, and probably had better things to do. What a sincerely good person. What a spectacularly great friend he is.

I had so much fun. OMG, so much fun. It totally made me forget all the crappy things that had gone on this week and remember that I had a good weekend coming up and that things would be okay. We watched the X-men Rifftrax, above is an except. It was really funny and we laughed and laughed. Then we watched a bunch of the shorts and they were totally hilarious. It was super nice to just sit together on the couch and laugh and laugh. I think he may qualify now as my best 'guy' friend. I've never had a guy friend. I always thought it was true that all they really wanted was in my pants. He doesn't, he just really enjoys talking to me and being around me --so at first I didn't really understand that. It's an entirely new thing. I think I really like it.

It solidified in my mind the fact that we would be friends. Even when I get a new boyfriend, even when he gets a new girlfriend. I'm going to be his friend. We will find the time to hang out. We will still do things together. It is a good thing, a fun thing. He is a great person and a really wonderful friend. He didn't even care that I wore sweatpants (I needed a comfortable night. I simply can't dress up all the damn time.) He really cheered me up and gave me a safe, good place to be when I needed a little bit of cover. I hope someday I can return the favor for him. It meant a lot that he did it, even though it might have been inconvenient.

You know, I thought once we broke up that I would just hate him like I hate my other Ex, just clear him from my mind. But, my other Ex was just not a good person, that was what was wrong with him and that is the biggest difference. I meant it when I said I loved him a few months ago, even now that has not wavered, but it has changed. There are all different kinds of loving. He has carved out his own new category of love from me. It is a pleasantly surprising thing to realize and I'm happy that he taught me it existed. F*ck that 'friend zone' bullshit, this is a really good thing and I'm glad we have it.

No comments: