Monday, October 3, 2011

First DAY!


I can take no credit for the picture, the Ex sent this one to me to wish me luck on my first day at the new job. Damn, Evil Lassie is awesome.

So, the first day, be it all the lucky wishes or not, was super great. Training was a bit fast, but there was a lot of hands on and if I can remember everything it should be great again tomorrow. I feel like once I get it down it is going to be very, very easy. Not like easy like Ke$ha, but totally easy, like your mom.

The only issue at all was parking and I parked in the garage so I didn't have to worry about my car today which cost me $8. So, I got $8 worth of peace of mind -that is the going rate these days, in case you were wondering. It is also, absolutely apparent that (although my job #2 makes me feel incredibly old as I am surrounded by high school kids) I am the most attractive girl, hands down, at job #1. It's like all these women aren't even trying anymore. It was almost comical, that every single attractive guy found an excuse to be in the mailroom today --the scanning lady even made a joke about it. Really flattering and sort of fun. Who am I kidding, I am an attention whore and I loved every second of it. Plus, everyone in that office jokes around and is very cool to one another (at least, from what I saw today).

Also, had a blast from the past show up, there is another Dell expatriate there (Iyrina) in our IT department. She showed me where to smoke on breaks and was super nice to me --which was a little beneath her at our other job --and kind of refreshing. I can't explain it, but as a first impression goes, it is going to be a very fun job and for now, even kind of relaxing comparatively to my job #2 and my old jobs. So, I really like it. About four of the old boys, including the department head, came in for the last half hour and just chatted about the Wisconsin game, which was also fun. I guess we shall see how things go tomorrow, maybe give it a week, before I come out all 'this is the best job ever', but I'm hopeful. :)

1 comment:

Brewmaven said...

Sounds fabulous! Can I work there too? :) I'm super happy you had a great first day and hopefully you'll be able to score a date or two out of it. Holla!