Monday, October 10, 2011

Day Off Thoughts


Oh, I am so grateful for a day off, finally. Some time to recuperate and regroup before once again hitting it hard at work. Actually. By some fluke of nature I got someone to take my shift on Saturday and this means I will have a real weekend.

The power went out at work last night so no one got to clock out. So, today, I have to go in sometime and re-do my punch so it doesn't f-up payroll too much this week. Which is inconvenient, but I needed to go in and talk to someone about maybe taking an LOA, leave of absence for a bit while I get on my schedule at the new #1 job.

After the first week the assessment of new job is very, very good. I actually am looking forward to it. Which is rare and kind of neat. I am also terribly excited for the symphony on Friday night. It is 'The Four Seasons' and I got pretty good tickets. I mean I think they are good tickets, they are pretty close to the stage actually, but maybe with the symphony that is not the best thing. Who knows, it's kind of an experiment. If they suck, then next time I will get seats farther away. I got a new dress, super cheap from work last night. But, now I have doubts about it's appropriateness. It is simple, but a little, like maybe two inches, shorter than I usually wear. I have some nice toned legs, perhaps I should show them off a little.

Also, tentatively positive thing, I got a super cute e-mail from a guy on the dating website. I have some real doubts about his legitimacy, but it has been fun to talk to him for the last couple of days. This one is kind of strange because it is someone who is not local. He is really far away actually, so I have a feeling it would be a long distance thing, if it pans out to be anything at all. Still, it is fun and makes me somewhat hopeful that it could be something. He seems pretty genuine, sincere, but it is pretty early. Hmmm, still positive enough to mention I suppose. It makes me give a glance over my shoulder at the Ex, who will be accompanying me to the symphony on Friday. Should I wait for you or just move on down the road.....Why do I feel guilty about this? He broke up with me, right? He's just a 'friend' now, we have settled on that. So, why do I feel strange about it still. On a positive note, it is only a mild feeling of guilt, like indigestion rather than full on queasiness. Any advice on quelling overly-girlie emotional conflicts would be nice about now.

No comments: