Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Can Do This...


Okay, so I closed and worked really hard to get out early tonight, as tomorrow begins my new #1 job. I am excited, but I have no idea about parking or anything, so yeah, I am nervous. I am supposed to show up at 8am. The HR lady will not be there so most of my orientation stuff with be with the department head instead.  I am nervous and did not have time to find the perfect business casual walking-all-the-time shoes, so I am making due with putting my insoles into a pair of cute black flats and hoping they don't tear my feet up too very badly. I have no idea how far I will have to walk to get to the building as this is now downtown parking and I have no clue if I will be blocks from the building or have to do all the mail walking around stuff immediately.

It does not help that I am tired already. I pre-planned the outfit, so it is simple and would work for just about anything. Simple --black fitted shirt, black pants, and black flats. I plan to dress it up with a cute scarf and not go too heavy on the make-up or perfume. K says I should 'remember what I sold them' in the interview and present something like that. Which seems reasonable. I am really glad I picked up more of that clinical deodorant, it helps alot with not smelling like a rhino even if I move around for eight hours. I also will need to take D to Walmart after work, and did work it out so that I don't have to report to #2 job until 5:30pm on Tuesday night for another closing shift. I can't believe people do this all the time. Working two jobs is gonna blow.

I also lost my first fantasy match-up. It helps (very little) that it was to my bestie and that her QB had a phenomenal game earning 46 pts, himself. I had two players that I had on the bench who should have been in the game so, there were reasons for it, but it still upsets one to lose at anything. I take comfort that in her other league she is not doing super hot. I hate being number 2. Anyway, I need to get to bed so I can get up early have some coffee and breakfast so the first day of new job is good. Need fuel for the machine and rest to run updates and heal from my other job.

2 comments:

Brewmaven said...

If you're not first, you're last!

Brewmaven said...

Good luck on your new job! You'll be awesome like you always are! Yay!