Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Survival Mode



So, cheaps and peeps, survival mode begins now. I need to get as much sleep as possible tonight as I am busting out another double work day tomorrow. I keep telling myself that it will either A). get easier. or B) I will finally get around to talking about an LOA with work #2. Neither of which has yet happened. I swear when  I was thinking about it this last weekend it was like every HR person in the whole store had disappeared.

Got my ID badge today for new work and the day there, as usual, was good and low stress. I am very hopeful that I will be able to make it through, as the casualty will be that I fall asleep at the symphony on Friday night -and even with the recent weight loss I am not sure the Ex will be able to carry me out, as he is just too skinny for that sort of thing. But, I can sleep when I'm dead, so I am now trying to prep things that will make my day easier tomorrow and get them going.

Lay out two outfits, one for work #1 and one for the quick change I get to do at 4:30p for job #2.  I will be parking in the garage so I can get out quicker, although for the last two days I did manage to find and have a spot back in the free parking neighborhood area and that has been working out okay even if I have to get up about a half hour earlier. Pre-pack lunch, snacks, and dinner. Research weather for tomorrow. Make decision about what I am wearing to the symphony so I can pack that to change after work on Friday. Still not happy about dress, but can't seem to find neither the time nor money to do anything about it now. It is also worth mentioning that every second from now until Friday after the concert has been mercilessly planned and accounted for --did you know that I have allotted exactly 5.5hrs of sleep on Thursday night? And that is if we get out at midnight from job #2, which is sometimes questionable. Carrying tickets in my purse so I don't lose them. Wrote out checks for bills so they can be delivered in my absence on Friday during the day.

K has the audacity to have the day off tomorrow. I just know she is going to be lounging on the couch in her pajamas all day while I am prostrating myself to the evil gods of work. I am starting to get a little worried. It is really not great for me to keep pushing and pushing myself like this. Luckily, I do have a real weekend to follow that up -so maybe on Saturday I will schedule in some sleep. Or do more laundry than just my work stuff, hurriedly throw in and removed half wet so I can put that shit back on and go. I have a feeling that the roommates will want me to do some of the housework I have been putting off --like doing the dreaded dishes. Suck. I would totally rather pull a double shift than do the dishes.

However, the blog is the only thing I've written in two weeks and that is worrisome, and I have not been able to find time for a full workout since this last Monday. Dating is also firmly on hold right now --although, if I had a partner I'm not sure I would have to work as hard as I am working, so with a good reason like that it may resurrect as an activity fairly soon. We must not fall into old habits of giving work everything and me nothing. It doesn't fucking work like that anymore. Well, I mean, it is working like that right now, but not for much longer, I swear.

No comments: